replacing extruder fan on 301

ciphernaut

replacing extruder fan on 301

Post by ciphernaut » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi,

Whilst checking the 301 hotend for clogging I managed to break one of the blades on the top mounted fan. The stock fan has the sticker 'GEEETECH' and is rated at 0.09 amp @ 12v. It didn't provide much airflow anyway.

I've taken a 'SanAce 40' dual fan [1] from some old rackmount server and split it into half. I mounted the larger of the 2 fans onto the hotend. It actually has a decent amount of airflow compared to the original.

My questions are:
a) the new fan has a current draw of about 0.6 amp (measured from lab power supply at 12 volt). Is that too much for the controller board?Would the thinner of the pair of the 2 fans (rated about 0.35 amp) be safer for the control board?
b) what are the gcodes for adjusting the pwm speed of this fan? How do I read the current speed?

Regards,
Marco

[1] http://www.newark.com/sanyo-denki-sanac ... dp/96M1711

bang

Re: replacing extruder fan on 301

Post by bang » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi,
How is everything going?

ciphernaut

Post by ciphernaut » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Bang,

not well.

I got no response on how to control or even read fan speed. I tried M108 commands but also no luck.

Fan is very noisy and it seems I have at least 2 other issues with printer setup and blocked print head.

bang

Post by bang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,Marco
I remembered the code for controlling PWM fan is M106 P0 S0~255?

JamesPierce

Post by JamesPierce » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:03 pm

This has provided you the best designs of different products. You can share if you have designed something new. I loved this thing that you can design anything on this single machine where they can check at https://essay-reviewer.com/essayservice-com-review/ site for essay task. This is a great platform to learn about this amazing technology. It was very impressive to know about this.

zenabartell

Post by zenabartell » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Introduce about Geometry Dash.

Geometry Dash is a game build on the theme of rhythm running. The game hit the market in 2013 and was developed and published by a popular game development company RobTop.

To reach the next level of the game, it is not necessary to complete the previous level. But with every next level, the game gets complexed and difficult to play. In the latest versions of the games, you can find many other features such as map packs, secret coins, a level editor and user-created levels.

How To Play Geometry Dash?
All you have to do is jump and fly your way through danger. Use your skills and abilities to the extent that you can fly, flip and jump through dangerous paths and obstacles.