Extruder not working

gpau

Re: Extruder not working

Post by gpau » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:20 am

Hi,
Just build a Geeetech prusa I3 Pro C
I have a problem with extruders, when I start the printout, if I push the wire nozzle, but when it starts printing makes its way from the extruder but nothing comes out.
motors run because trying with repetier the wire goes in and out.
Where do I find the configuration of the two extruders and please consider the thread comes out while printing?

Thank you

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 am

gpau wrote:Hi,
Just build a Geeetech prusa I3 Pro C
I have a problem with extruders, when I start the printout, if I push the wire nozzle, but when it starts printing makes its way from the extruder but nothing comes out.
motors run because trying with repetier the wire goes in and out.
Where do I find the configuration of the two extruders and please consider the thread comes out while printing?

Thank you
Did your nozzle have a clogging?You can extrude the filament with your hand to check it when extruder temperature reaches.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

darkevilapie

Post by darkevilapie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:46 am

Hello i also have a extruder problem. the plastic comes out in the start of the print but when printing it is not enough. ive checked the extruder motor but it cant push the filament hard enough. i have increased the tension on the wheel on the extruder and i wanted to increase the driver power. but the voltage only goes to 0.3V then it "resets/restarts" at 0 V and goes up to 0.25v. i measured it on the screw and gnd. it should be 0.8-1.2V right?
i have a prusa i3 Pro C with the gt2560 + A4988.
can somebody tell me what im doing wrong because im very confused right now

Cup

Post by Cup » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:59 am

darkevilapie wrote:Hello i also have a extruder problem. the plastic comes out in the start of the print but when printing it is not enough. ive checked the extruder motor but it cant push the filament hard enough. i have increased the tension on the wheel on the extruder and i wanted to increase the driver power. but the voltage only goes to 0.3V then it "resets/restarts" at 0 V and goes up to 0.25v. i measured it on the screw and gnd. it should be 0.8-1.2V right?
i have a prusa i3 Pro C with the gt2560 + A4988.
can somebody tell me what im doing wrong because im very confused right now
Hi,
I guess that driver may be broken(cause it can't be adjusted).You can turn the screws on other drivers and you'll find they are adjustable.

Alandac

prusa i3 not printing with ABS filament

Post by Alandac » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:36 am

Hi,
I just build few days ago a prusa i3 pro B. Works ok with PLA but not with ABS. The nozzle is ok, not clogged. When I tried with abs just a little filament appear extruded but not enough to print. I tried to at max temperature (250) but problem persist. I dismantled the nozzle and warmed with a gaz torch then filament was warm enough to pass true in abundant way. What can be the problem?
I will appreciate any ideas.
Greetings. ;)

Cup

Re: prusa i3 not printing with ABS filament

Post by Cup » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 am

Alandac wrote:Hi,
I just build few days ago a prusa i3 pro B. Works ok with PLA but not with ABS. The nozzle is ok, not clogged. When I tried with abs just a little filament appear extruded but not enough to print. I tried to at max temperature (250) but problem persist. I dismantled the nozzle and warmed with a gaz torch then filament was warm enough to pass true in abundant way. What can be the problem?
Greetings. ;)
Hi,
Clean your nozzle completely when changing ABS from PLA.And make sure you can extrude the filament smoothly with you hand before printing.

jraf

Re: prusa i3 not printing with ABS filament

Post by jraf » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi,
I have exctly the same problem. I have cleanned the nozzle and adjusted the gap between the Philip screw and the gear, but the problem persists. I am trying to print with 1.75mm filament.

[quote="Cup"][quote="Alandac"]Hi,
Greetings. ;)[/quote]
Hi,
Clean your nozzle completely when changing ABS from PLA.And make sure you can extrude the filament smoothly with you hand before printing.[/quote]

Alandac

Post by Alandac » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:14 pm

I found out that the Teflon tubing inside the hot end throat was burnout. Deformed by the heat. I order new and waiting for is arrival.

rossco99

Post by rossco99 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:32 pm

I have the Acrylic I3 Pro B with the plastic MK8 extruder, just assembled this week.

I have had endless issues try to calibrate the extruder flow, sometimes it works but most of the time the filament pull is very inconsistent.

On inspection of the MK8 inner workings today I found what could potentially be the issue, the metal roller that provides pressure to the stepper gear is actually on a plastic shaft and that shaft is crumbling and falling apart.

Ridiculous I know, absolutely no precision in this plastic MK8. I have ordered the metal variant which will hopefully solve my issues. https://www.geeetech.com/mk8-extruder-a ... p-995.html

Alandac

Post by Alandac » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:48 pm

image.jpeg
Broken extruder part
image.jpeg (175.9 KiB) Viewed 16510 times
I had the same problem and bought a aluminum one. Just received the part. Hope that will resolve the problem.