Extruder not working

djbuzz

Re: Extruder not working

Post by djbuzz » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:14 am

Apologies all, I did not explain myself very clearly below is what I have tried:

Everything plugged into where it should be and heated up (tested both extruder ports) – extruder motor never moves

Nicked a cable from the Y Axis and plugged this into the extruder, this made the extruder motor work (the stepper motor is fine) I did not unplug the cable from the Y Axis port on the board, so I moved the Y axis on the LCD to test if the stepper motor was faulty.

I just tested moving the extruder cable from both ends and using this cable for the X axis, this works, I assume this must be the board or stepper motor driver?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:28 am

It is more likely that you have a bad extruder motor driver(A4988),you can swap the driver with the one of X axis or Y axis to see if the extruder motor works.Cuz you mentioned you've tested the extruder cable and it's OK.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

alexvolk

Post by alexvolk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello, i was told the referral number :109-1579310-7045003
for some reason my printer is not extruding, previously i had a problem in which the z axis did not move but that was fixed thanks to your helpful instructions. But i still have a problem with my extruder, it seems to be jammed and it wont let anything out when i start a print and the maximum i will get is the a small bubble of plastic on the tip. I have the MeCreator2. what size drill should i use to clean out the jam? The forum said to use a drill but it did not specify a size, also concerning that the nozzle is .4 mm in size i cant think of any drill that would fit in it.
thank you in advance for the help!

alexvolk

Post by alexvolk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Hello, my name is Alex.
I was told the referral number :109-1579310-7045003
for some reason my printer is not extruding, previously i had a problem in which the z axis did not move but that was fixed thanks to your helpful instructions. But i still have a problem with my extruder, it seems to be jammed and it wont let anything out when i start a print and the maximum i will get is the a small bubble of plastic on the tip. I have the MeCreator2. what size drill should i use to clean out the jam? The forum said to use a drill but it did not specify a size, also concerning that the nozzle is .4 mm in size i cant think of any drill that would fit in it.
Thank you in advance for the help!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:55 pm

alexvolk wrote:Hello, my name is Alex.
I was told the referral number :109-1579310-7045003
Thank you in advance for the help!
Hi,Alex
Look the following pic,this guy use a tool we called Ejector Pin to clear the clogging,i guess it was included in your package when you received it before,and you can use it to clean the jam.
QQ截图20160824164847.jpg
QQ截图20160824164847.jpg (67.49 KiB) Viewed 15808 times
IMG_20160702_175815.jpg
IMG_20160702_175815.jpg (135.53 KiB) Viewed 15808 times

alexvolk

Post by alexvolk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:35 pm

Thank you very much William Kwok! cleared my clog and the printer is working perfectly! Very much appreciate the help!

fontanares

Post by fontanares » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:20 am

Hello, my problem is that the extruder don´t moves the filament. I read the instructions in this page and i change A4988 driver of the extruder 1 by the driver of the extruder 2 (in the driver of the 1 the volts between screw and gnd was 0. In the driver of the 2 was 0,85 v) (I prefer not to change yet).
But now, the extruder motor axis moves forward and rewind the same angle: the filament don´t moves...

Any idea?
Thanks.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi,
What model is your printer?Have you tried all the solutions in this post?

Jpriest81

Post by Jpriest81 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi guys

my problem is similar to those listed but with slight differences. My Pro B started to under extrude in a small part of prints so i took the extruder apart to clean the teeth, seeing no improvement i re wrote the firmware and now the stepper motor for the extruder will not run continuously. It stutters now one step forward then one step back regardless of the direction i tell it to move in. I have tested the motor itself and it displays no fault. Please help with my next step i have run out of ideas.

Kind thanks
Jpriest

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 am

Jpriest81 wrote:Hi guys

my problem is similar to those listed but with slight differences. My Pro B started to under extrude in a small part of prints so i took the extruder apart to clean the teeth, seeing no improvement i re wrote the firmware and now the stepper motor for the extruder will not run continuously. It stutters now one step forward then one step back regardless of the direction i tell it to move in. I have tested the motor itself and it displays no fault. Please help with my next step i have run out of ideas.

Kind thanks
Jpriest
Hi,
Did you upload the right firmware from the official site?
You can take down the fan on extruder to observe the movement when you send a "extrude" command.From "forward then one step back",sounds like it is a clogging...Have you used an ejector?Some more questions:
1.Have you measured the extruder driver's voltage or swapped the driver with another axis?
2.How about extruding by hand now?Did it extrude normally?