Solutions for GT2560 extruder not working

kylangelo

Re: Solutions for GT2560 extruder not working

Post by kylangelo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:13 am

Any luck? I'm in the exact same boat.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello kylangelo , what's the specific problem with your printer?

kylangelo

Post by kylangelo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:51 am

My extruder was exhibiting the same behaviour as jburke4's in the YouTube video he shared (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-bQo5 ... e=youtu.be). I have the 3-in-1 control box and opened it up to find out that the connector for the extruder from the ribbon cable board to the GT2560 was reversed. It appears that the wires had popped out of the connector plug and were reattached backwards. After switching these wires around, it works fine!

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:26 am

Everything on thing thread is very familiar to me.

Geetech Prusa i3 pro Aluminum kit worked well for about 3 weeks. It made some good prints in the last 3 weeks--approximately 120 hours of good prints. But that all stopped when the extruder started acting weirdly. It laid down uneven beads or not at all and then quit working entirely. Nozzle is good I know because I push the filament by hand easily.

I need another board. Or a reply and help updating firmware so that my board works again.

I too have isolated the problem by swapping drivers, wires from inside the control box and steeper motors. Short version: E motor works great hooked up to X or Y plugs. Nothing works connected to either of the Extruder plugs.

I tried to update firmware but Arduino would not compile the Malin code. Not sure it would work on mine anyway.Windows 10, Arduino 1.6.11

I have inquired elsewhere on this forum. I have contacted sales about another board. Soon I contact eBay to get another printer and return this one.

sincerely,
Dave Dutton phone 720-401-2897 daveapplemotors@gmail.com

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:02 am

daveapplemotors wrote:Everything on thing thread is very familiar to me.

Geetech Prusa i3 pro Aluminum kit worked well for about 3 weeks. It made some good prints in the last 3 weeks--approximately 120 hours of good prints. But that all stopped when the extruder started acting weirdly. It laid down uneven beads or not at all and then quit working entirely. Nozzle is good I know because I push the filament by hand easily.

I need another board. Or a reply and help updating firmware so that my board works again.

I too have isolated the problem by swapping drivers, wires from inside the control box and steeper motors. Short version: E motor works great hooked up to X or Y plugs. Nothing works connected to either of the Extruder plugs.

I tried to update firmware but Arduino would not compile the Malin code. Not sure it would work on mine anyway.Windows 10, Arduino 1.6.11

I have inquired elsewhere on this forum. I have contacted sales about another board. Soon I contact eBay to get another printer and return this one.

sincerely,
Dave Dutton phone 720-401-2897 daveapplemotors@gmail.com
Use Arduino 1.0.1 instead:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftw ... ases#1.0.x
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:07 pm

I have installed Arduino 1.0.1 to my Windows 10 PC but I can not get the Marlin sketch to compile. "Problem loading BlinkM to the build folder." or "Problem loading ??? to the build folder". How do I eliminate these compilation errors? There is not much help here. I don't want to play with Arduino. I dont know how. I want to use the printer that I paid for.

I have also spent hours trying to get Arduino 1.0.1 loaded onto my Linux Ubuntu laptop with no results. It has Arduino 1.6.8 or something... I have read the Wiki, the Geeetech forums and I don't know how to make this thing work. It worked before and now something has gone bad in only 3 weeks. What kind of warranty does this Geeetech printer have?

I have now spent 4 days trying to get this thing to work again.
And I am frustrated to the point of quitting on Geeetech, calling eBay to get my money back and getting another brand of printer.

thanks, Dave Dutton 720-401-2897 daveaapplemotors@gmail.com

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Maybe you can attach a snapshoot of the error message,so we can learn more about it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Error message from Arduino:
Attachments
Ard_error1.PNG
Ard_error1.PNG (27.73 KiB) Viewed 27352 times

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:35 pm

You can try the installer version of 1.05,see if it works.

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks.

In order to access E1 because E0 quit working I spent 4 days doing a work-around.

My efforts to upload firmware to my Geeetech Prusa i3 a pro:

I gave up on Windows 10 machine with Arduino 1.0.1

I returned to my laptop-- Ubuntu 16.04 --Arduino 1.68 or whatever is newest. I found someone's direction about a u8glui (spelling?) library. I linked that library, ran the Marlin software, swapped the pin assignments for all three values for E1 and E0 and voila. it works.

What would I have to do if that second Extruder circuit fails? Buy a new board? It is bad now isn't it? I want to upgrade to a M201 soon and I will need two extruders.

thanks
Dave