M 201 Issue

kailee_olson

M 201 Issue

Post by kailee_olson » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 pm

So while cleaning out my hot-end over the weekend, for some reason I had a situation where the hot-end heater wouldn't turn off (even after a full power off and on again).

I took my board out and measured the mosfet, and sure enough it was knackered (shorted between pins).

After desoldering the mosfet I swapped the it with the neighbour and checked all the resistances before putting the board back on the printer again.

Imagine my surprise when the hot-end started heating immediately again, and I still can't turn it off. text to speech online

Is it likely something more serious? If so is it repairable? or do I need a new board? I followed all the steps on the following thread;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17039

Can't find a replacement M201 board on the Geeetech site, what are my options? Is this a common problem? it's the second issue I have had with the hot bits...

Thanks

fnafgm

Re: M 201 Issue

Post by fnafgm » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello. If the heating system won't turn OFF, that is if heat keeps being delivered even when you don't want it, set the thermostat to its lowest temperature setting and wait three to five minutes. Or if your thermostat has a HEAT OFF COOL or FAN AUTO OFF control, set the control to OFF or COOL.