Screenshot_2.png (162.57 KiB) Viewed 17261 times

matteoparenti02

Re: GT2560 V4.0 motherboard wiring diagram

Post by matteoparenti02 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:15 am

Abi_Jen wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 am
whug wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 am
can anyone tell me where i can get an old v4 board from , the one with all 3 hotend+thermistor slots populated. i wanna fit a chimera to my a20m and the board is a new 'black board' and doesnt have the components on it :(
or does anyone know if the 4.1b board can handle it ( g-tech aint talking and ticket submission keeps hanging)
I’m also on the search for information about changing to a 2 in, 2 out hotend. Getting tired of clearing blockages from the original hotend. Being able to run 2 different temperatures for mixed materials would be much nicer too.

Alternatively, I may have to try and trace the tracks from the 2560 and try duplicating the existing components for the single hotend connections. It appears that there may be pads on the board for multiple hotend connections. I might have to delve deeper in investigating that option.
Go for another board. SKR 1.3 maybe.
I'm in the same situation, but I was actually lucky enough to get a v4.0 white, like in the one at the top of the thread. My issue is that even if on the board the HE0, HE1, HE2 connectors are named (same thing for the T0, T1, T2 thermistor connectors), I don't know if they're addressable via firmware and if it's sufficient to enable them on Marlin. Plus, I'm not sure how HE0 works when the heating cartridge is connected to the board via the MOLEX connector. Probably bypassed. The extension board is useless, as the Hotend connectors are bridged together and the T1 connector is not actually connected to the MOLEX, just to a couple of naked soldering spots. That's not an issue since I can attach HE1 and T1 to the mainboard, and leave HE0 and T0 on the extension board. Hopefully, Marlin will work at the first try. I'll keep you updated.
Pay less get less, but i's more fun to get it to work
Geeetech A10M + Chimera

matteoparenti02

Post by matteoparenti02 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:41 am

Fray wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:39 am
I'm also looking for a pinout diagram of the connector
You can actually see the pinout/tags of the points on the other side of the board.
https://www.geeetech.com/gt2560-v40-con ... -1147.html
The second image on the product page should help.
Geeetech A10M + Chimera

whug

Post by whug » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:34 pm

Cheers fella

Abi_Jen

Post by Abi_Jen » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 am

matteoparenti02 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:15 am
Abi_Jen wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 am
whug wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:17 am
can anyone tell me where i can get an old v4 board from , the one with all 3 hotend+thermistor slots populated. i wanna fit a chimera to my a20m and the board is a new 'black board' and doesnt have the components on it :(
or does anyone know if the 4.1b board can handle it ( g-tech aint talking and ticket submission keeps hanging)
I’m also on the search for information about changing to a 2 in, 2 out hotend. Getting tired of clearing blockages from the original hotend. Being able to run 2 different temperatures for mixed materials would be much nicer too.

Alternatively, I may have to try and trace the tracks from the 2560 and try duplicating the existing components for the single hotend connections. It appears that there may be pads on the board for multiple hotend connections. I might have to delve deeper in investigating that option.
Go for another board. SKR 1.3 maybe.
I'm in the same situation, but I was actually lucky enough to get a v4.0 white, like in the one at the top of the thread. My issue is that even if on the board the HE0, HE1, HE2 connectors are named (same thing for the T0, T1, T2 thermistor connectors), I don't know if they're addressable via firmware and if it's sufficient to enable them on Marlin. Plus, I'm not sure how HE0 works when the heating cartridge is connected to the board via the MOLEX connector. Probably bypassed. The extension board is useless, as the Hotend connectors are bridged together and the T1 connector is not actually connected to the MOLEX, just to a couple of naked soldering spots. That's not an issue since I can attach HE1 and T1 to the mainboard, and leave HE0 and T0 on the extension board. Hopefully, Marlin will work at the first try. I'll keep you updated.
I’ve been delving deeper into my options, and have gone for the replacement route. Currently awaiting delivery of a SKR GTR V1.0 and touchscreen (I like the option of more steppers and sensors with the expansion board - I already have a dual z axis setup and would like to run them independently for gantry levelling). I considered the SKR 1.4 Turbo, but decided to spend a little extra for future upgrades rather than tearing it all apart again.

After yet another blockage of the original hotend, I’ve designed and printed a mount for the chimera (an eBay special China clone, has the heat break grub screws on the back so I can’t use most designed mounts), and converted it to (almost) direct drive - I’m counting 2 inches of ptfe tube as direct 😁. Now I just need the new board, a tiny!? Bit of wiring work, and a couple of minutes (hours/days) of tweaking (cursing) firmware and I’ll hopefully be up and running with successful dual filament prints.

matteoparenti02

Post by matteoparenti02 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:02 pm

I've been doing the exact same thing. I designed a mount myself (www.thingiverse.com/thing:4795634) and I'm currently working on a remote direct drive adapter mount for this extruder www.thingiverse.com/thing:4009262. The chimera is just on another level.

I'm also working on a guide on the conversion (github.com/Keybored02/Geeetech-A10M-Chimera-mod).

Good luck with everything and keep us updated!
Geeetech A10M + Chimera

Abi_Jen

Post by Abi_Jen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 pm

It’ll be interesting to see what you come up with. I’m constantly thinking of upgrading parts, and I’m now looking into using 2 V6 hotend on a swivel to move the nozzles away to avoid crashing and oozing. I’m also looking at a dual extruded setup using a single stepper. I’ve attached a pic of my current chimera mount, with swing away parts fan for access to the grub screws which also gets the nozzle out of the heat if I’m running with the fan off. If I keep this design then I still have the filament detectors to mount, time will tell.

I’m in the process of making mounts for the GTR boards and the TFT43 display, so until that’s all installed and configured the chimera is being used as a single nozzle hotend (hence the shiny heat block)

Keep us informed on progress for your design, it’s interesting to see how others develop things.

Abi.
68EB595E-20E0-4FA7-A28A-AA52A7A30514.jpeg
68EB595E-20E0-4FA7-A28A-AA52A7A30514.jpeg (737.11 KiB) Viewed 15970 times

hun46y3

Post by hun46y3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 pm

Hello there!
I'm fighting the clone chimera hotend mounting as well.
I have the same exact problem, the screws for adjusting the heating blocks are on the back and are not accessible.
Is your adapter design available?
It would be a great help!
Thanks in advance!

Abi_Jen

Post by Abi_Jen » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 am

hun46y3 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 pm
Hello there!
I have the same exact problem, the screws for adjusting the heating blocks are on the back and are not accessible.
Thanks in advance!
I just uploaded my files to Thingiverse so you can see what I've put together. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4848050. The Fusion 360 working file is included for you to tweak/edit as you need. If you reupload, please give credit or list as a remix of my work. There's some minor issues I'd fix which i've noted in the Thingiverse (extensive) description, but since i'm contemplating a change in my setup to dual V6 hotends I probably wont do any further work on this as it works well enough for my purposes as it is.

I hope this helps someone get their chimera clone fitted and working for them.
Good luck,
Abi.
Last edited by Abi_Jen on Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

hun46y3

Post by hun46y3 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Abi_Jen wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 am
hun46y3 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:13 pm
Hello there!
Thanks in advance!
I just uploaded my files to Thingiverse so you can see what I've put together. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4839297. The Fusion 360 working file is included for you to tweak/edit as you need. If you reupload, please give credit or list as a remix of my work. There's some minor issues I'd fix which i've noted in the Thingiverse (extensive) description, but since i'm contemplating a change in my setup to dual V6 hotends I probably wont do any further work on this as it works well enough for my purposes as it is.

I hope this helps someone get their chimera clone fitted and working for them.
Good luck,
Abi.

Amazing, thank you!