Common issues :wrong motor direction,Endstop hit...

hooray

Re: Common issues :wrong motor direction,Endstop hit...

Post by hooray » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Prusa I3 up and running. All motors checked and running when connected, except Z axis right hand motor runs in opposite direction to left hand - even when swapped round. Forum shows masses of downloads to cure this. Any very simple solutions please?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 pm

hooray wrote:Prusa I3 up and running. All motors checked and running when connected, except Z axis right hand motor runs in opposite direction to left hand - even when swapped round. Forum shows masses of downloads to cure this. Any very simple solutions please?
Modify the wiring order may cure it:
QQ截图20161202175334.png
QQ截图20161202175334.png (269.14 KiB) Viewed 26832 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Tizzy

Post by Tizzy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:14 am

William wrote:
hooray wrote:Prusa I3 up and running. All motors checked and running when connected, except Z axis right hand motor runs in opposite direction to left hand - even when swapped round. Forum shows masses of downloads to cure this. Any very simple solutions please?
Modify the wiring order may cure it:
QQ截图20161202175334.png
I can confirm swapping the plugs like this works to reverse the direction of the stepper motor on all axis.

Will come back here to confirm the printing is also works like it should and is not reversed or mirrored in any way

mannymiller

Post by mannymiller » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi.. I have posted this question already, but can not seem to get an answer. I have a newly built i3 pro b with the gt2560 version a+ board. My x axis homes in the wrong direction. I have changed the setting in the latest firmware ( changed -1 to 1 ).. and it now it doesn't move or attempt to home. If i attempt to home in printer software it will still attempt to go the oposite way still but in small steps. All other axis are fine. I have to manually move the x axis to its home position. Any ideas and advice would be great. Thanks

bang

Post by bang » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:31 pm

mannymiller wrote:Hi.. I have posted this question already, but can not seem to get an answer. I have a newly built i3 pro b with the gt2560 version a+ board. My x axis homes in the wrong direction. I have changed the setting in the latest firmware ( changed -1 to 1 ).. and it now it doesn't move or attempt to home. If i attempt to home in printer software it will still attempt to go the oposite way still but in small steps. All other axis are fine. I have to manually move the x axis to its home position. Any ideas and advice would be great. Thanks
First you need download the firmware for your ProB from here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046
Then modify the wrong direction(use Arduino 1.0.1) by referring this:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17037

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi,

I have a problem I have a aluminum I3 sanguinololu printer
The x axis motor works fine, but the end stop does not work (motor is running and I need to use the emergency stop).
The y axis motor also works fine only when using Home, but moves a little bit (the wrong side) and certainly does not go to the extreme side. Again, the final stop does not work.
The extruder compensator is not controllable always runs 100%. With programs like easyprint and rehearsal.
The extruder temperature only keeps rising (exceeds the settings of easyprint and rehearsal settings) and even over the max of the firmware, which causes me to get the max temp error message.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Jeroen wrote:Hi,

I have a problem I have a aluminum I3 sanguinololu printer
The x axis motor works fine, but the end stop does not work (motor is running and I need to use the emergency stop).
The y axis motor also works fine only when using Home, but moves a little bit (the wrong side) and certainly does not go to the extreme side. Again, the final stop does not work.
The extruder compensator is not controllable always runs 100%. With programs like easyprint and rehearsal.
The extruder temperature only keeps rising (exceeds the settings of easyprint and rehearsal settings) and even over the max of the firmware, which causes me to get the max temp error message.
Hi,1、I think you need to check the wire connection of the X axis end stop.Replacing with new one will be a faster solution.
2、Could you take some photos about the extruder compensator?Because I really have no idea which one it's.
3、As to Max temp error,check this post to refer:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17117.

Maknash

Post by Maknash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for this tuto.
My X-axis works better now :)
But when I print, he stay at the left instead of the center.
Here is my video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0H6pvgNQY

Please help me, I despair :'(

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 am

Hi,Not printing in the center of the bed,there are two possibilities:
1)Did you have a right setting in Printer Settings?
file (1).jpg
file (1).jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 25926 times
2)Was the size of the actual printing the same as the size of your model?If it wasn't, maybe the step/mm of
your motor is wrong.

Maknash

Post by Maknash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks.
Yes, I think it's ok for these parameters.
However, I think my printer noise is strange. Is not that the problem?