Homing runs things in reverse.

szeiger

Homing runs things in reverse.

Post by szeiger » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:21 am

Hi guys. using the RepRap Sanguinololu Rev 1.3a, when i click home for x or z, they travel in the wrong direction. Also, z doesn't move, just vibrates. I'm at a lose. Can anyone help?

zhangxueyou

Re: Homing runs things in reverse.

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 am

Hi,szeiger
You should change their home direction in firmware.
Drag all the files into Arduino IDE, and change relavent parameters at "configuration.h".
Find:
"
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1
"
Inverse "#define X_HOME_DIR ..." and "#define Z_HOME_DIR ...". Their values are 1 or -1. You may see the annotation.
Then, re-upload the firmware to your pirnter.

You said "The z vibrates. " .Maybe it does not touch the endstop even it has reached the bottom. If so, you should rotate the screw ,which can touch the z endstop, so that it can touch the z endstop more early. Because I don't know what your printer type is, I can't tell the concrete operation.

email4walker

Will not Home and moves in reverse...

Post by email4walker » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:10 pm

I am having the exact same problem! I have the Acrylic Geeetech I3 pro B 3D Printer kit (I received it last week). Mine will not go to home at all. Can you explain in detail how to fix the problem (How do you get Arduino IDE? What is configuration.h?, etc)?

My Z axis does not move also. It only vibrates/hums. If I use the computer software to move the z axis, it still only vibrates/hum (sometimes, it will move a little bit).

I have checked and re-checked all the wiring. Everything is good. It is a software/firmware issue. I have more questions, but I will take it one step at a time.

Thanks!

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:43 am

Hi, emailwalker
Please tell me your printer type. I will leave a new firmware.

szeiger

Post by szeiger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:57 am

email4walker: I resolved my own problems. First, i had the x stepper motor plugged onto the wrong connection on the board, which also meant Y was wrong. Switched them, all good, wxcept z wouldn't move. Took the plastic support pieces at the top of the printer off, ran a z command with prontface, and it moved.
Turns out the holes for the threaded rod are to small. I enlarged them with a drill, reinstalled and now it works as it should.

The last problem I had was mounting the Z stop, as no 2.5 mm nuts were included with my kit. I simply hot melt glued it using the 2.5mm screws as additional support.

I had to do a lot of research to get me to where i am now, and it was from listening to a build video from NW reprap that made me realize I had x and y reversed.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:07 am

email4walker: I resolved my own problems. First, i had the x stepper motor plugged onto the wrong connection on the board, which also meant Y was wrong. Switched them, all good, wxcept z wouldn't move. Took the plastic support pieces at the top of the printer off, ran a z command with prontface, and it moved.
Turns out the holes for the threaded rod are to small. I enlarged them with a drill, reinstalled and now it works as it should.

The last problem I had was mounting the Z stop, as no 2.5 mm nuts were included with my kit. I simply hot melt glued it using the 2.5mm screws as additional support.

I had to do a lot of research to get me to where i am now, and it was from listening to a build video from NW reprap that made me realize I had x and y reversed.
Thank you for sharing.

email4walker

Post by email4walker » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi,

I checked all those things already. It is a firmware/software issue. My printer is the 8mm Acrylic Geeetech I3 pro B (not A. it is the newest one).

Thanks

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:16 pm

I forgot to ask you the mainboard type.
You can download the file according to your mainboard type.
PI3B-Sanguino.rar
(229.87 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
PI3B-ramps (1).rar
(229.7 KiB) Downloaded 740 times

email4walker

Post by email4walker » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Sorry, but I may need more of a step by step help. What file am I changing? What am I changing in the file to fix my issues? (You can read my earlier posts to know my problems)

I have the Sanguinololu Board: http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Sanguinololu

Thanks

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:12 am

Hi, email4walker
Firstly, you should check hardware.
Please check if all the jumper caps have been plugged under A4988.