voice recognition module doesn't work

gioooooo

voice recognition module doesn't work

Post by gioooooo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:57 am

Connecting the module to Arduino and using the library "VoiceRecognitionV3-master.zip" the arduino example sketch ùùù8vr_sample_train.ino) compile and upload correctly. When I open serial monitor the menu appears, but when I write the command "settings" I get the error : Check system settings error or timeout.
Every pin connection between arduino and the vocal recognitio are correct. I also tried to change Arduino board (arduino nano, arduino uno) but notinng change.

I also tried with AccessPort software to send command via USB (for example 00000000:AA 11) but nothing happen.

The voice recognition module doesn't work.
Is there any firmware to upgrade?
Is there something to try?

gioooooo

Re: voice recognition module doesn't work

Post by gioooooo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:04 pm

The library VoiceRecognitionV3-master.zip definitly doesn't work for me. there was no way to get my module working with this library.

So I got working the module using accessPort (plus "CP102" connector) and the sketch by planetleak in https://www.instructables.com/Arduino-voice-control/

First of all you need to set the correct configuration in access port:
• Baud rate: 9600
• Parity bit: None
• Data bit: 8
• Stop bit: 1
• Send format: Hex
• Receive format: Char

then give the following command:
AA 33
AA 36

The first command set baud rate to 96000
!!!The last command is important because it set the response of the module in a format comprehensible for human!!!

Then recording your voice for 5 command in group 1:
AA 11
1)white
2)red
3)green
4)blu
5)off

Then give the comman AA 24 to see if the group is correctly memorized

Then you prepare Arduino with all connection to RGB led and to the vocal recognition module

You compile the skecth by planetleak and try it

I hope this is useful to someone, I have lost a lot of time tying the module working with the library VoiceRecognitionV3-master.zip and at the end the only way to use the module was with accessport and native command