I3 Pro A continuously reboots when plugged into a pc

Boycer

I3 Pro A continuously reboots when plugged into a pc

Post by Boycer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,
I have recently purchased an I3 Pro A and have been printing every day without problems, great experience. I have also purchased a Geeetech auto bed levelling prob (btouch) and need to modify the firmware. When I connect the printer via USB to my laptop ( windows 10) the printer continuously reboots. I can see and talk to the printer briefly until it reboots. Has anyone encountered this problem, any thoughts on the cause and soultuion.

Regards,
Boycer

William
Site Admin

Re: I3 Pro A continuously reboots when plugged into a pc

Post by William » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 am

Hi,there may be some problems in the firmware,or it has some bugs.Please re-install the lastest firmware about 3dtouch,and you can find it in this link:viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18263;
Besides,using the operation system of windows 7 will be more stable.
If it still don't work,please send some video about the deatil in this post then I can get it better.
Regards
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Boycer

Post by Boycer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi William,
thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't update the firmware due to the printer rebooting, I will take a video and post soon. In short the Printer reboots every 10sec. I have tried different usb cables, different usb ports, different computers all with the same result. I have also tried with the 240v power disconnected and it still reboots. Seems to be totally related to the usb port and some fault on the board or firmware. If I do attempt the firmware upload and it fails I have no way to bring it back.. I may have to look at buying a new mainboard (inside the 3 in 1 box), I assume its available as a spare?
Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

kind regards,

Richard

Boycer

Post by Boycer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 am

An update for those that are interested.
It would appear the mainboard was faulty. I replaced it and everything is now working as expected, I have compiled and uploaded the firmware and I can now control the printer from my PC if required. The mainboard (Rev A) was an earlier one, it had plugs &sockets for the heaters rather than the terminals in the more recent ones (Rev A+ is on the board).

regards,

Richard

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Boycer wrote:An update for those that are interested.
It would appear the mainboard was faulty. I replaced it and everything is now working as expected, I have compiled and uploaded the firmware and I can now control the printer from my PC if required. The mainboard (Rev A) was an earlier one, it had plugs &sockets for the heaters rather than the terminals in the more recent ones (Rev A+ is on the board).

regards,

Richard
Congratulations, and thanks for your feedback.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ryvubo

Post by ryvubo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:57 pm

The effort that has been done with the pro techniques has the competent 3D version of the class sharing approach. The discussion board is the combination of robots with the computer in best custom essay writing service for the pro plug in situation with the authenticity.