PrusaI3 pro C dual - no connection via USB

waldamore

PrusaI3 pro C dual - no connection via USB

Post by waldamore » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:11 am

hello there,

i just bought my very printer and managed to build it up without bigger problems.
i also was able to start a printing job from the SD-Card. sadly the bed adhesion wasn't enough, so the result was a mess - but the mashine works :mrgreen:

my main issue is, that my win7 (32bit) is not able to connect to the printer.

what i did:
1) drivers were successfully installed, when i plugged the USB in
2) i doubble checked it in the system control panel (german: "Gräte-Manager"). both entrys are fine
3) i installed the repetier software and tried to configure it as in the manual written:
https://www.geeetech.com/Documents/Prus ... manual.pdf
i am using the highest COM (COM3 in my case, and btw the only one visable). and then i wanted to connect to the printer.
...they say "it just works." but it doesn't.
4) i started the repetier server web interface, configured the printer with the same specifications - same result.
5) reboot didn't help ;-)

any suggestions?

lhofeld

Re: PrusaI3 pro C dual - no connection via USB

Post by lhofeld » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 am

I have the same issues with my computer not recognizing and talking to the printer. New laptop running win 10.

waldamore

Post by waldamore » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 am

today i connected my printer to my second laptop (Win10 64bit, latest updates) and for whatever reason: IT WORKS!

if i'll find a way to run the printer on my first laptop, i'll let you know...

waldamore

Post by waldamore » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:24 am

i think the solution to this issue can be solved by restarting the repetier server:

winows start menue --> type in "repetier stop server" and stop it --> type in "repetier start server" and start it again ;-)

vincent659

Post by vincent659 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:25 pm

I have the same issue my is the prusai3 pro b. I don't know what to do help please!!!

DJKEGUS

Post by DJKEGUS » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Working the same problem with 2 laptops, I have a known working printer that connects via a win 10 home workstation, however will not connect fully via Vista ultimate or win 10 professional. Arduino works from the win 10 pro at 9600 which is the defualt. It should connect to the i3 pro B at 25000 baud the default as it did on the workstation but while it connects initially there is not two way connection.

I used repetier server to test all other baud on the win 10 pro, I also tried using a powered USB if it was an under volt comms issue, no luck. So my educated guess is something related to port blocking by either permissions or the user access control policy. I had to disable the UAC in win 7 home to get other software and firmware to operate correctly over USB, which leads me to believe there may be a related issue. I've selected run as admin to no effect.

DJKEGUS

Post by DJKEGUS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:56 am

Solution it's out dated drivers,
here are the most recent drivers DEC 2016
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21224_Setup.zip
Surface pro3 win 10 Pro now working with the above drivers.

kawee

Re: geeetech I3 pro C dual - can't connection via USB

Post by kawee » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Before plugging in the USB cable, the LCD shows that the c is ready.
But when plugging in the USB cable into LCD shows 192.168.1.107 3344
And unable to connect.

Please help me.