First print layer uses 33% 33% 34% filament with cura slicer

sanusbaum

First print layer uses 33% 33% 34% filament with cura slicer

Post by sanusbaum » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 am

Hi,

My first print layer will consistently report using all 3 filaments at 33% 33% and 34% of each extruder, when the desired outcome is a single filament at 100%. The 2nd and on layers are all correct, and report 100% filament for where necessary. It's just the first layer that is a mix. I don't even have 3 filaments in, and in cura I've only configured 2 of the extruders. I don't understand why it's trying to do a mix for the first layer. Is it a cura setting possibly? I have been considering upgrading the firmware (not sure if it's on the latest), but thought I would check here first. I didn't find any one else with the same problem on google. It's really frustrating because the first layer turns out really bad looking - a mix of white and black when it should be solid black.

Let me know if you have any ideas or tips or anything. I'm guessing it's the slicing and setting - but I don't know where to look.

Also, maybe I should make a separate topic, but the prime tower for multiple filaments does not print the way shown in cura - I get a tiny tiny curved area that gets filled in, and in cura it's a decent sized circle... Maybe this is firmware issue too. I don't know. Let me know if you've experienced this, and any fixes you know.

Thanks!

Marmely

Re: First print layer uses 33% 33% 34% filament with cura slicer

Post by Marmely » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 am

Hi,

had the same issue.
Just check the start g-code of the cura machine settings. There are all three extruders configured. You just need wipe that code out and it will work correctly.

See also https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M163.html