Firmware or Hardware problem? Short circuit? Odd problems, not a novice

danielh93

Firmware or Hardware problem? Short circuit? Odd problems, not a novice

Post by danielh93 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 am

Hi everybody,

***I still need to try updating/rewriting the firmware, but I figured I'd ask for help ahead of that.

My printer was working fine, and for the most part it still is. However, the printer tries to print the model without heating up on its own, and it starts moving without adjusting z-axis. Filament still extrudes fine, hotend works. But prints are paused immediately because it won't heat up to the .gcode's temp on its own.

The plate doesn't seem to recognize endstops every time, but it can still find home every time.

Prints are paused almost immediately and the power flickers on and off, forcing a pause.

Also doesn't recognize all the .gcode files; the list ends early, which may be normal. I've tried rewriting the TF card, and SD cards don't register the files at all.

But it also adds a random 10%/90% color mixer on files that have not been colored, sometimes, but not on every file.

At first, it seemed to be printing the .gcode entirely wrong, but now i cant see what its printing since the z-axis doesn't adjust to the .gcode or start at 0 height (0,0,0.3)mm on the bed anymore

Thanks for any advice.

danielh93

Re: Firmware or Hardware problem? Short circuit? Odd problems, not a novice

Post by danielh93 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:26 am

Printer is also brand-new, less than a month old. Has been working great until today. Only change I can think of is plugging it into a different outlet before the errors. Does that indicate a short-circuit or similar?

danielh93

Post by danielh93 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:51 am

Update: no combination of firmware updates has worked.
Still get timeout error despite following extra steps.
Sometimes the firmware files cause just one side of the z-axis to go up until it jams repeatedly.

Printer seems to have no idea where it is. Starts printing immediately, ignores temperatures and height. End stops dont stop for any of the axis.

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:52 pm

Hello, there are a lot of problems with your printer. You can directly contact the geeetech official through the ticket. If it is a problem with the parts, they will help you solve it. You can send them the fault video of your printer.
Attachments
ticket process.rar
(389.76 KiB) Downloaded 299 times