A30M Error: hotend -0

Thomlund

A30M Error: hotend -0

Post by Thomlund » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:37 am

New machine in May I’ve been printing TPU and switched over to PETG for a project. After a horrible nozzle clog I had to order a
Heater Block, 2 new heater cartridges. The nozzle and heating cartridges were stuck in the heater block. I also ordered a complete hotend so I could just swap out and keep running if this occurred again.

After a month of many unanswered emails paying for the parts etc...Judy in sales finally set my parts after my machine was down for a month.

Now I’m worried about the tech service...

So I swapped out the heater block, 2 new heater cartridges and reassembled the hotend with the old thermistor that was working fine.

I went to heat up the hotend and run some filament through it but it shut down with the error message ERROR: Hotend -0. The control panel shows a -19c on the heating info.

I have tried...
A new thermistor
Factory reset
Plugging and unplugging thermistor

Both thermistor do the same which is also the same result if the thermistor isn’t plugged in at the board. Error and -19c

I have probed the 2 thermistor pins on the board to the 12 pin plug that goes to the main board. I have continuity from one pin of the two thermistor pins to one of the 12 pins (plug on the board).

I have seen other people ask about this but no real answer...there was a post about firmware I believe this is v1.1.1 and hardware v 1.5

So can a geeetech tech person answer for me? Also how would I check the thermistor with a multi meter?

I have been happy with the A30M it’s run rather well up until this.

Thanks looking forward to any help.

Thom
Drone On USA

Thomlund

Re: A30M Error: hotend -0

Post by Thomlund » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:13 am

I believe I’ve confirmed both thermistors I’ve tried are working properly.

With multi meter in I get a rise or decrease in resistance with temperature changes. And both are similar.

So I think I can count out the thermistors.

Thanks in advance

MadMarximus

Post by MadMarximus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:30 am

Hi Thomlund,

I have almost the exact same issue regards "Temp Error -19"

Having read many other forums I can't really say that the suggested solutions have helped me thus far however i believe my issue is something to do with either:

A: the Extender Board on the HotEnd
B: the power cable with the black 12pin molex style connector that plugs into the extender board.

Here is my situation.
Printing PLA quite happily with a 0.4 nozzle - then swapped to 0.6 (done it before - so no biggie). However my 0.4 nozzle sheared off inside the HeatBlock so I had to purchase another - resulting in me dissambling the Hot End. Upon re-assembly eveything went fine for the first print and then later (on a second print) the machine stopped half way through with the dreaded "-19 Temp Error" msg.

Upon replacing the existing Thermal Wire (with glass bead end) for a new one the error msg thing kept occuring.

Initially, I backed off the small retaining screw for the Thermal wire at the Hot End a little and the temp started reading properly again- however I could not get it past 230 Celcius. Normally this was never a problem. I restared my print but it failed again after a few hours (same msg). Then I noted that if I placed pressure upon the power cable that clicks atop the Hot End Extender Board I was able to get the temps to start reading properly again.

I'm not really sure if my issue it the Power cable itself, The connections on the Extender board or something else that I havent yet thought of.

I have emailed Geeetech to ask if their (Geeetech extruder Extension Board for A20 A20M A30 A10 A10M) product will fit my machine:
https://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-extru ... -1042.html

The comments below it say I would have to request the A30 variant specifically, despite the advert have "A30" in its title. The picture in the advert is exaclty what I currently have on my A30 machine just now.

If you or anyone else happens upon a possible solution to this I would be most grateful - as I do love my machine!

MadMarximus

Post by MadMarximus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 pm

MadMarximus wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:30 am
Hi Thomlund,

I have almost the exact same issue regards "Temp Error -19"

Having read many other forums I can't really say that the suggested solutions have helped me thus far however i believe my issue is something to do with either:

A: the Extender Board on the HotEnd
B: the power cable with the black 12pin molex style connector that plugs into the extender board.

Here is my situation.
Printing PLA quite happily with a 0.4 nozzle - then swapped to 0.6 (done it before - so no biggie). However my 0.4 nozzle sheared off inside the HeatBlock so I had to purchase another - resulting in me dissambling the Hot End. Upon re-assembly eveything went fine for the first print and then later (on a second print) the machine stopped half way through with the dreaded "-19 Temp Error" msg.

Upon replacing the existing Thermal Wire (with glass bead end) for a new one the error msg thing kept occuring.

Initially, I backed off the small retaining screw for the Thermal wire at the Hot End a little and the temp started reading properly again- however I could not get it past 230 Celcius. Normally this was never a problem. I restared my print but it failed again after a few hours (same msg). Then I noted that if I placed pressure upon the power cable that clicks atop the Hot End Extender Board I was able to get the temps to start reading properly again.

I'm not really sure if my issue it the Power cable itself, The connections on the Extender board or something else that I havent yet thought of.

I have emailed Geeetech to ask if their (Geeetech extruder Extension Board for A20 A20M A30 A10 A10M) product will fit my machine:
https://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-extru ... -1042.html

The comments below it say I would have to request the A30 variant specifically, despite the advert have "A30" in its title. The picture in the advert is exaclty what I currently have on my A30 machine just now.

If you or anyone else happens upon a possible solution to this I would be most grateful - as I do love my machine!
Think I may have narrowed my problem down to a loose connection with some of the wired pins within the Molex style 12pin plug that sits atop the hotend. Perhaps some continous back and forth movement of the HotEnd on the rail has loosened some of the connections. I'll update as soon as I have more info.

Kburnsz1016

Post by Kburnsz1016 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Hope you got your issues with the temp error resolved. I'm having quite the same issue. I got a new hot end (nozzle couldn't be removed from old one), installed it, but getting a temp error code (temp also shows as -15 C whether I have the 12-pin cable plugged in or not). What was your fix? Did you mess with the thermal resistor connections or the 12-pin mosfet connector?

I also have another issue where the hot end heated up when I had everything assembled and turned on, but didn't actually turn it on with the control panel. Any ideas what is causing that? Maybe I messed up the hot end wires, or its just a really bad mosfet connector now?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks