Can’t get A20T extruder unplugged... any suggestions welcome

Blue_Collar

Can’t get A20T extruder unplugged... any suggestions welcome

Post by Blue_Collar » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:47 am

Fellow printers,
I’m trying to get my A20T working again— my wife asked me to do a project for her which requires the A20T. Two of the three filament paths are clear (I can manually push cleaning filament into the top Bowden tube and it comes out the nozzle). However the third path is really plugged. It is the rear left path, if this matters. I have tried all I can think of to clear it. I’ve taken the nozzle off, taken the connector and Bowden tube out, heated the nozzle to 240 degrees, and tried to push a metal rammer down the path. The rammer came with one of the printers and is a 3.2mm diameter cylinder on one end, 1.9mm on the other. The 3.2mm end of the rammer easily slides about 20mm into the clear paths, but at least 10mm less in the plugged path. I can’t even get the 1.9mm end to go any further down the jammed path. I’ve ordered 2 more “3 in 1 out” extruders from Geeetech but it could be weeks before they arrive. The extruder path is plugged with PLA. I have some ethyl acetate (which is suppose to dissolve PLA) so I could try filling the extruder path with it and heating a bit. I haven’t had very good luck dissolving PLA, but maybe heating will help...

Any suggestions appreciated...
Does anyone have a “cut away view” of the Geeetech 3 in 1 out extruder? It would help to know what path the filament takes.
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD

aidave

Re: Can’t get A20T extruder unplugged... any suggestions welcome

Post by aidave » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 am

You could maybe use a heat gun in addition to heating the nozzle.

Sounds bad to me. Maybe it's not PLA that's stuck there?

Lowteck

Re: Can’t get A20T extruder unplugged... any suggestions welcome

Post by Lowteck » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am

I made the mistake of pulling my bowden tubes out shortly after getting my A20T. I had to also remove the lock for the bowden tube by unscrewing. You need to had the nozzle tube temperature about 240. Take one of the tools to clean out the nozzle the blunt or bigger end and start it down the heat opening for the tube and press. Move it around until you are satisfied you have pushed all the filament out the nozzle. Make sure you have marked on the bowden tube so you know how far to push it back down. If you do not then the filament will not extrude into the nozzle. That was my problem, but had to clean it out to get it far enough. Hope this helps you.