After a print, retract filament? Pull back bowden tube?

Blue_Collar

After a print, retract filament? Pull back bowden tube?

Post by Blue_Collar » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:04 am

Fellow printers,
I'm trying to get back to printing with an A20T. I had frequent extruder jams in the past. After you finish a print, do you just let the printer cool down or do you retract some filament, or pull back the bowden tubes? Any suggestions for avoiding jams? Any preventative maintenance?
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD

Lowteck

Re: After a print, retract filament? Pull back bowden tube?

Post by Lowteck » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:04 am

I once had a jam problem with one of my filaments. My mistakes was to pull the bowden tubes loose from hot end and two extruders. I did this before I figured out how to use extruder at 100% filament flow. I swapped between the two. What I did wrong is I did not get one of the bowden tubes pushed down far enough. What I did to clear the problem was to remove the bowden tube and unscrew the bowden holder and with the larger of the nozzle cleaning tools. Have the temp at least 230 C and push down the filament in the hot end until clear. Then replace the bowden tube holder and then press as far down the bowden tube as you can. This stopped my problem. I hope this stops your problem