Any tips for stopping the extruder/nozzle from jamming?

Blue_Collar

Any tips for stopping the extruder/nozzle from jamming?

Post by Blue_Collar » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:25 am

Fellow printers,
Seems most times I try to print another test on the A20T, at least one of the three extruder paths is plugged. Any ways to avoid this?
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD

BreeOge

Re: Any tips for stopping the extruder/nozzle from jamming?

Post by BreeOge » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:40 pm

I have only had one jam, and that was due to retracting too far. Other than that I have not had any, if I haven't used a color in awhile i will heat it up to 240 or so, and manually push filament out by the display.

Axxezzor

Post by Axxezzor » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:01 am

Pull out all the bowden tubes from the hotend. Just the tubes not the fittings. Make sure all the fittings are tight.
Then with the bowden tubes free extrude filament until there are a few inches of filament is poking out the end of each bowden tube. Make sure the filament is moving freely. Use some snips and cut each filament flush with the end of the bowden tube. Then if the hotend is nice and clean push each bowden tube in as far as it can go.

Doing this has worked wonders for me. If the bowden tube is not fully inserted hot filament squeezes into the gap where the tube should be and causes a plug...

Blue_Collar

Post by Blue_Collar » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:59 am

THANK YOU! I had given up on the A20T, but I'd like to try getting it working again. I'll try your suggestions.
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD