A20M issue

kailee_olson

A20M issue

Post by kailee_olson » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm

A20m was working well enough--had a power outage, and then had heat stability errors afterwards. I initially replaced with a screw-in thermistor (couldn't find the correct one otherwise) and finally then simply replaced with a Geeetech hotend which comes complete with the thermistor. Fans swapped over and run when the machine turns on. New filament tubes installed. I have 3d sensor on it (previously set up), have done z-axis zeroing, and PID settings were optimized. text to speech online

I consistently get all prints to fail shortly in to printing (not even the 2-3rd layer) where filament simply doesn't feed. I get a lot of driver motor clunking, and can see that the motor is not advancing the filament well. I have upgraded the extruders, and they look fine--gear screws are tight. I can manually advance the filament when the hotend is hot. When the print is started, it does extrude before print start appropriately, but fails shortly afterwards.

I tried raising decreasing the z-offset by 0.1 (was -1.2, now -1.1) thinking that perhaps the tip was too close, but still have failure to print with minimal filament being extruded. The extruder clunks a lot. I even tried the 2nd extruder (swapped the wires to make it the first one as far as the machine is concerned) and have the same thing happening. I tried printing at what used to work for PLA (210) and even tried 225 thinking perhaps somehow the new hotend temperature may not be accurate--but still no success. The temperature readings on the display hold consistently.

I've run out of things to try. Any recommendations would be appreciated, as otherwise, I can't get this to work at all.