Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

William
Site Admin

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi,
The A10M printer use the multi-mixer hotend.
Then you should set the same temp for E0 and E1.
If it clogged then you should check the tpfe tube at first.
Check your PTFE tube plug is deep enough/Smooth
FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=61864
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

AgSurfer

Post by AgSurfer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:12 am

Hi -
After downloading and extracting the Geeetech Mixer PLA Profile - there are two files
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.35 KiB) Viewed 24422 times
But after importing the files the PLA2 is missing the 'mixer'
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (14.14 KiB) Viewed 24422 times

It appears from the screen shot in the instructions I should have two mixer files. I tried removing them from Cura and then importing again with the same results. Any suggestions?

Niyoki

Post by Niyoki » Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello Support Team,
Cura resources/definitions/Geeetech_A10M.def.json file has faulty dimensions.

"overrides": {
"machine_name": { "default_value": "Geeetech_A10M" },
"machine_width": {
"default_value": 235 Firmware Hexfile for A10M from your Homepage /download has another Dimension 220 in real 230 possible
},
"machine_height": {
"default_value": 260 Firmware Hexfile for A10M from your Homepage /download has same dimension 260 but in real 250 possible.
},
"machine_depth": {
"default_value": 235 Firmware Hexfile for A10M from your Homepage /download has another Dimension 220 in real 228 mm possible
},

Is there any Firmware Hex file for all new users with corrected dimensions. Hex file is important, because Firmware update over Cura slicer is really easy without any trouble.

Thanks for your effort
Kind regards
Niyoki

Niyoki

Post by Niyoki » Sat May 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Hello @vert ,
thank you for your comment. I downloaded also your Firmware from your discord. I saw also YouTube channel (there is much info).
I asked this Question because of the new users. Geeetech products are nice, and really good preassembled. But if they put some Firmware with false Settings in their Homepage (not in Forum) , and also in Forum some Cura files with wrong Settings. Like second Extruder Json file acting as first Extruder or print bed and volume faulty dimensions.
3d printing is Little complex than normal A4 paper Printers like Hewlett-Packard.
I have Feeling every customers Fighting with some bad Software support. Okay they can read and find solution, compile Firmware over arduino, break Mainboard then Rescue their Mainboard.
Maybe it will help to other users deliver your Firmware configuration as HEX file for flashing over Cura. There is also many new users they don't know how to Flash hex files over Cura. This tool for flashing hex files doesn't easy to use for new users.
Anyway thank you for your work and investing time. I hope Geeetech can support your effort.
Regards
Niyoki

el_tiburon

Post by el_tiburon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 am

hi, thanks for the profile have a few issues though. when i loaded it in cura 4.1 G29 was not in the gcode, bed size was too big 26x26x26, i activated prime tower but im having some issues to make colour change properly, i tried printing a pikachu and for some reason it wont finish printing its ears (last layer) with cura 15 it does print ok with no problems. its a good profile no strings at all the same pikachu on repetier host with lots of strings. just need to sort out those 2 issues colour change and last top layer, any ideas?

el_tiburon

Post by el_tiburon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:05 am

Update:

After tweaking some settings got it to proper print at least the same quality as using cura 15, the main problem i have are 2 now. 1 is the time its taking for the prints, for example in cura 15 for a pikachu polygon version it took about 1 hour and 30 mins more or less, the same model in cura 4.1 its taking me 4 hours, i think the main reason is the nozzle stops printing when getting to the prime tower and resumes after 15-20 seconds later each time it reaches the prime tower, what ive seen its doing extruding for those 15-20 seconds, i realy dont know if there is a setting to edit in cura? been searchingn on the net with no results.

My other issue is colour change its still not doing it properly, ive noticed i can change prime tower minimum volume from 1 extrusion to the other, so what im doing right now is for example on the black colour extrusion 1 setting it to 20 minimum volume and on the extrusion 2 white setting it to 60 as it needs more to change colour from black to white than from white to black. so far its working a lot better now at least i get the black properly and the white now is coming up as grey, i need to get more accurate settings or could it be something to do with the machine steps? as vert said before all stock settings in marling are wrong?

Update: got some information from fb group cura 4.1 has a bug with that print stops.

Lisa Erlingheuser El Tiburon Z-Hop? Check your Speed Settings, you now must define max z speed
https://community.ultimaker.com/.../28173-cura-41.../
Ocultar o reportar
Cura 4.1 pausing at each layer
COMMUNITY.ULTIMAKER.COM
Cura 4.1 pausing at each layer
https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/2 ... l7eugfez50

Hope this fixes it.

LisaE

Post by LisaE » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:02 pm

My current state of knowledge regarding the problem described by el_tiburon is the following:

- On 4/23/2019 in Cura the general file for default printer settings was changed, the file 'fdmprinter.def.json'.
--> So the problem does not only affect Cura 4.1, but also Cura 4.0, if the download was made after this date

- This is not actually an error, but a wanted change. Previously, the setting '500' in the fields machine_max_feedrate_x, machine_max_feedrate_y and machine_max_feedrate_z slowed down faster printers. By specifying an extremely high speed, which is then limited by the firmware to the highest possible speed according to the firmware, the developers wanted to avoid having to increase this value again and again as technical possibilities progressed

- Unfortunately Marlin, at least in the version used by Geeetech on currently shipped devices, doesn't react as expected when using the maximum Z-motor speed. Instead of simply limiting the Z-value delivered in the G-code to the maximum value according to the firmware and continuing without pause, the execution of the G-code by the printer stops as described by el_tiburon above.

- To solve the problem, a value for the maximum Z speed must be set in Cura for the printer used. This can be done either in the printer file def.json or on the GUI in the print settings in the field Speed / Maximum Z Speed.

- To minimize the impact of this problem on users of an A10M/A20M, I think it would make sense to specify the 3 values
machine_max_feedrate_x,
machine_max_feedrate_y and
machine_max_feedrate_z
in the def.json of both printers. This especially because these profiles are often used by new owners of a 3D printer who are particularly helpless and desperate for a printing problem.

- As value for these settings either the actual values can be assigned, which are specified in the firmware, or the value 500 can be used, which was used so far by the definition in the fdmprinter.def.json.

rogerio53

Post by rogerio53 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 pm

I have the same problem. Is there a solution already?

Robudus

Post by Robudus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 am

Can somebody please send the cura json file with correct machine_max_feedrate_z and machine_max_feedrate_x and machine_max_feedrate_y.
I have put it to z 12 and the a20m stops at every level. :x

Dr. Drucker

Post by Dr. Drucker » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 am

Good evening,

in the user manuel of the A20M is an .rcp-File used for the registration of the printer in Cura which is integrated in Repetier Host. Does anyone know where I can get it?

See you,
Dr. Drucker