Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

William
Site Admin

Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by William » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 am

Hi guys! :o
Are you can't find Geeetech A20M on Cura?
Don't worry
Refer to these:
------------------------------ :D --------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:Thanks for @vert's suggestions.
1. We added the G29 for the start code
We added the "G1 Y230 F6000" for the end code( 2019/1/7)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. We attached the PLA filament profile for Multi_mixer printer(2019/1/23)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. We set the default filament diameter to 1.75mm and it can work with Cura 4.0(2019/4/7)
4.Thanks for @LisaE‘s suggestions.The profile updated.(2019.4.17)
5. Deleted the "Heating gcode for nozzle/hotbed"in"start code".Added the meshes file.(2019.4.24)

1.Download Profile for Geeetech 3Dprinter
Cura4.0 resources.zip
(158.48 KiB) Downloaded 5631 times
Download the PLA filament profile for A10M
Geeetech Mixer PLA Profile For Cura.zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 5111 times

------------------------------ :D --------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Unzip the zip file then you will get "resources"folder
Cura-1.png
Cura-1.png (76.4 KiB) Viewed 64414 times
3.Copy "resources" to the
Cura installation directory
Default:
C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.0
Cura-2.png
Cura-2.png (127.3 KiB) Viewed 64414 times
Cura-3.png
Cura-3.png (127.9 KiB) Viewed 64414 times
Cura-4.png
Cura-4.png (70.33 KiB) Viewed 64414 times
3.Import the PLA filament profile for Geeetech A10M
Filament profile1.png
Filament profile1.png (29.2 KiB) Viewed 67386 times
Filament profile2.png
Filament profile2.png (48.1 KiB) Viewed 67386 times
Filament profile3.png
Filament profile3.png (49.75 KiB) Viewed 67386 times

4.Done!Enjoy it!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

AlexR

Re: Cura json file for your Geeetech A20M printer

Post by AlexR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 am

Hello,
after installing profile on Cura v3.6.0 for Mac, Extruders appear with incorrect filament size. It shows 2.8mm instead of 1.75m so you need to manually correct both extruders.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 am

AlexR wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 am
Hello,
after installing profile on Cura v3.6.0 for Mac, Extruders appear with incorrect filament size. It shows 2.8mm instead of 1.75m so you need to manually correct both extruders.
:D Thanks for your suggestion

nukwar

Cura json file A20M extruder stops heating while printing

Post by nukwar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks for the post.
I have installed the Cura json files and indeed the A20m profile comes up, BUT when I try to print with the right extruder 2, the heat to the
extruder (A20M has two colors into 1 extruder) stops heating several min's into the print. At this point I have to abort the print.

The left extruder 1, works well, the heat stays on the entire time during the print.

Is there a check box that needs to be checked to keep the heat on when printing with the right color or right extruder 2 ?

I am using Cura 3.6.0 and Mrlin 1.1.8 on the printer.
I am printing over USB.

AlShur

Post by AlShur » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am

I also can't get Cura to work.

Cura 3.6 sees the printer after loading the json files. The sliced gcode file only prints from the one extruder???? Checked printer setup and all looks good (after making changes to bed size and filament size)... still no dual color print. Printer is working fine because I can change the color using the "mixer".

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm

AlShur wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am

Cura 3.6 sees the printer after loading the json files. The sliced gcode file only prints from the one extruder???? Checked printer setup and all looks good (after making changes to bed size and filament size)... still no dual color print. Printer is working fine because I can change the color using the "mixer".
Maybe you can attach the gcode file and we will help to check it
;)

pepgra

Post by pepgra » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am

Hello, the profile is added correctly but the cure stops opening and you have to reinstall everything, I am the only one that happens to you?

AlShur

Post by AlShur » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:17 am

William wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm
AlShur wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:23 am

Maybe you can attach the gcode file and we will help to check it
;)
I think I've found the problem... It seems that the #0 Extruder keeps jamming. Took it all apart down to the hot end. Just before the hotend the PTFE tube was jammed tight with filament. Replaced the tubing and got a few good prints but now it's jammed again. Is this a common problem? Solution?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm

pepgra wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am
Hello, the profile is added correctly but the cure stops opening and you have to reinstall everything, I am the only one that happens to you?
Maybe the Cura version is not same.
The version of mine's Cura is 3.1,you can try to use this version for a test!
;)

Jericey

Post by Jericey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am

I ran into the same problem with the second extruder jamming. When the printer attempts to switch to the second extruder I get a heating failed error. I've been playing around printing with single extruder and it does fine. It looks to me like there is two problems, when the retraction happens to switch materials the melted material gets pulled up and cures in the head and becomes jammed. Even if the second extruder heats the first will never extrude again...

The fact that Geeetech released a printer with NO software setup blows my mind. I am an additive designer for a large aerospace company and manage a couple million in large scale production machines. The #1 thing that sets our printers apart from cheap ones in the plug and play software option. The printers themselves are still nothing more than heating elements and stepper motors.