3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Mauri58

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by Mauri58 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:26 am

William wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm
Mauri58 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm
Hi william , I've a I3 Pro B and I've installed the 3dtouch probe. I followed all the instruction for installation, wiring and firmaware changes. When I turned on first time the probe it has done the self test succesfully remaining in solid red. I've changed the script in Simplify3D putting G29 after the G28 for homing- The printer goes to 0 X and 0 Y and after goes in the middle of the bed. It starts to go down, when the probe touches the bed is becoming solid red but not stopping, if I don't push the emergency button is colliding with the bed. I tried to send commands trough the PC interface of Simplify3D but the probe is not reacting........

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot
Hi Mauri58
I think you should check the wires of the Z min.
Maybe you can try to:
Insert the wire after inverting 180°
Hello William, thanks for the prompt answer. I've checked all the wiring from the probe to the end connectors and I didn't find any interruption. I tried again plugging all the wires but nothing. I tried even how you suggested, inverting the Zmin connector, but nothing. The printer starts the homing, goes to the middle of the bed but the probe is solid red and retracted so not ready to measure the bed level even if it is going down, so I stop everything to avoid damages.

thanks
Maurizio

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am

I think you can try to use these code check it work or not
1.M280 P0 S10
M280 P0 S90
M280 P0 S120
2.If it still won't work,you should check the fw of yours correct or not
;)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Mauri58

Post by Mauri58 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:58 am

Hello William, thanks again,
I followed your suggestion but nothing. When I send the G-Code instructions using Simplify3D interface I don't obtain any reaction. The probe is up and solid red, if I manually extract it the red light is turning off but nothing else. I've checked again the firmware but I don't find differences between the suggested one and my one. I don't have the G2560 A+ board, I have the older one and so I addressed: #define SERVO0_PIN 32//13 // untested, and not the PIN 11 like requested for the A+ board. I don't have the dedicated 3 pins connector.
I would like to send you the configuration.h file but I don't know how to attach it to the post.
It's frustrating, I can go back to the manual bed leveling but.....

Regards
Maurizio

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:19 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:
Geeetech_-_Post_a_reply_-_2019-02-14_21.12.50.png
Geeetech_-_Post_a_reply_-_2019-02-14_21.12.50.png (562.5 KiB) Viewed 23833 times
Finally, position the cursor at the desired location and press the "Place inline" button.
Use the "Prewiev" button before confirming the post.
Package the files into the zip archive.
Graphic files can be attached without additional compression.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

FOX85

Post by FOX85 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello everyone, I have a problem with a geeetech i3 with a 3D touch sensor and a GT2560 A + board; I wired everything by following the manuals and tried to install the firmware for A+on page 1 but the sensor still does not work; at startup it correctly checks but then does not extend the arm to make the home; I also tried with the latest versions of marlin but without success; the sensor works correctly connected to an anet a8; can you help me?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Enter your printer model, I will move this message to the appropriate forum section.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Mauri58

Post by Mauri58 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:01 am

Marlin.7z
(189.16 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
William wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am
1.M280 P0 S10
M280 P0 S90
M280 P0 S120
;)
I followed your suggestion but nothing. When I send the G-Code instructions using Simplify3D interface I don't obtain any reaction. The probe is up and solid red, if I manually extract it the red light is turning off but nothing else. I've checked again the firmware but I don't find differences between the suggested one and my one. I don't have the G2560 A+ board, I have the older one and so I addressed: #define SERVO0_PIN 32//13 // untested, and not the PIN 11 like requested for the A+ board. I don't have the dedicated 3 pins connector.
I send you the loaded Marlin firmware.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Mauri58 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:01 am
Marlin.7z
William wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am
1.M280 P0 S10
M280 P0 S90
M280 P0 S120
;)
I send you the loaded Marlin firmware.
You can upload this fw for it then test it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OqJr6 ... NZgAfbzdYx

Mauri58

Post by Mauri58 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello William, thank you again.
I downloaded the fw and uploaded but nothing. I've checked the board mentioned, my one is considered ULTIMAKER, changed but nothing. Checked the pins, corrected, but nothing. Even the printer was not moving as before.
So I've given up for now, moved out the probe, still inside the cable tracker, wired back the Z min switch and reloaded the original fw with just the correction for T8. Now I can print again. I modelled and printed 4 little bracket to keep in position some M3 nuts instead the wing nuts under the bed so now i can do the manual leveling easily.
Thanks for your support
Maurizio

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am

Mauri58 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Hello William, thank you again.
I downloaded the fw and uploaded but nothing. I've checked the board mentioned, my one is considered ULTIMAKER, changed but nothing. Checked the pins, corrected, but nothing. Even the printer was not moving as before.
So I've given up for now, moved out the probe, still inside the cable tracker, wired back the Z min switch and reloaded the original fw with just the correction for T8. Now I can print again. I modelled and printed 4 little bracket to keep in position some M3 nuts instead the wing nuts under the bed so now i can do the manual leveling easily.
Thanks for your support
Maurizio
I think you should feedback it to the sales.
It seems the touch sensor broken.(Maybe you can use the Z max port for the signal pin then try it again)