Getting prints off the bed easily

mikemrbnc

Getting prints off the bed easily

Post by mikemrbnc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 am

So I have seen a lot of posts about prints stuck to the bed and problems getting them off. I only use PETG and have since the beginning because I did research before I got my printer and felt it was the best filament to use. So I'm not sure if this would work with other filaments but that's up to yourselves to decide. I firstly coat my print area with a coat of Elmer's washable glue stick and wash my bed after each use and apply a fresh coat before each print. Upon completion of the print, I get a washcloth and soak it with cold water. I wring as much moisture as I can from it then put it in the freezer flat. I check in few minutes because i want it cold but not frozen. I then drape it over my print and try to touch as much of the print as I can. This lowers the temperature of the print and after a few minutes I check to see if the print comes loose easily. If the cloth gets warm, I repeat the process of wetting it, wringing it out, and in the freezer again. Eventually, my prints always comes off easily with enough of this process. I rarely have to even use a scraper I printed to keep from damaging my print bed. I have even had them pop off from the bed on their own with this process. I hope this helps some of you and like I said, I have used PETG since day one and not sure if this works for other filaments. I would really like for this post to become a thread of other successful ways to loosen prints from the bed!