Connector names

JustinSB

Re: Connector names

Post by JustinSB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Yeah, the stock extruder & hotend gave me nothing but trouble, but now having finally got an extruder & hotend combo that works flawlessly (because it's all original E3D kit), it has exposed all of the other flaws in my Geeetech stuff. Basically, all the Geeetech rods are appallingly poor. My X & Y axis rods are banana shaped, & the only reason that my Z-axis is more or less OK is that I replaced the threaded rods with properly lead screws. Also, the tolerances on my frame are appalling (mm out, as opposed to fractions of a mm!). I worked out that I'm better off designing & building myself a completely new frame, with brand new axes mechanisms. In essence, I will end up keeping the GT2560A+ board, the PSU, the stepper motors, hotbed, LCD & a few cables. The rest I'll just have to put in my "Dead Bits" box, as they're complete junk. OpenBuilds v-slot is the way forward (as Geeetech appear to have realised, if you look at their new kit designs)...

Theworldsfirst

Re: Connector names

Post by Theworldsfirst » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Connectors are a component that our electronic engineering technicians often come into contact with. Its role is very simple: to bridge the communication between the blocked or isolated circuits in the circuit, so that the current flows, so that the circuit achieves the intended function. The connector is an indispensable part of the electronic device. You will always find one or more connectors along the path of the current flow.