Connector names

JustinSB

Connector names

Post by JustinSB » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Amongst other things I am looking to really neaten up my printer - hopefully after/if I get it printing properly. What are the names of the connectors/plugs/sockets that the stepper motors use & what are the names of the plugs & sockets that the end-stops use too? Once I know what they are called, I can then solder/crimp up my own with the correct lengths.
Thanks, Justin

William
Site Admin

Re: Connector names

Post by William » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm

You can visit Geeetech's official website for relevant information
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:44 am

Where? I went through the sales site, the wiki & the forums, & could find no relevant documentation on the names/types of the connection plug/sockets that I need to buys

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:18 am

Brilliant.
I found the info on http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12778/fa ... -geeetech/
Posted by someone called tranzoo

The fan uses a JST PH, 2mm, 3-pin connector.
The Thermistors and Endstops use a JST XH, 2.5mm, 2-pin connector.

You can buy them on eBay with leads, eliminating the need for a crimping tool if you solder and shrink-tube the connections.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 am

Good work!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

JohnDeere630

Post by JohnDeere630 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am

You can get JST connector kits on eBay and Amazon, and the crimping tool is not very expensive, Soldering and shrink-tubing those connections is a PITA...LOL

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:47 am

Do you know if they use the same crimp tool as Dupont connectors? I have a Dupont crimp tool, which works really well.

Mind you, I am very happy splicing wires & soldering on the short cables that are already connected to the JST plugs, as I have now managed to get a complete set of every JST plug that connects the bits that I need to replace on my Pro W GT2560 Rev A+ board.

JohnDeere630

Post by JohnDeere630 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Justin, I think they are similar, but I had to get a set of pliers with smaller jaws. Look in Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YG ... UTF8&psc=1

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I've got around 5 different sets of jaws with my clamp, so I'll have to match them up & see if I've already got a set as part of the kit. Meanwhile, I spent last night solder splicing & heatshrinking JST cables onto my new E3D Titan & Lite6 hotend. The E3D stuff just worked, as soon as I plugged it in! I'm shocked at just how good it is, how well made it is, how well designed it is, & how it all just fits together & works, straight out of the box. Absolutely outstanding...

Flintlocke

Post by Flintlocke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 pm

[quote=JustinSB post_id=83150 time=1521020249 user_id=62140]
I've got around 5 different sets of jaws with my clamp, so I'll have to match them up & see if I've already got a set as part of the kit. Meanwhile, I spent last night solder splicing & heatshrinking JST cables onto my new E3D Titan & Lite6 hotend. The E3D stuff just worked, as soon as I plugged it in! I'm shocked at just how good it is, how well made it is, how well designed it is, & how it all just fits together & works, straight out of the box. Absolutely outstanding...
[/quote]

Kind of necroing a post here but I'm glad I found the topic, doing some upgrades on my aluminium i3 and was looking for the connector types too.

Anyway yeah E3d makes some really quality stuff. I got silly and only ordered the hotend first to try and use the MK8 with it, and ended up getting the titan a month later. Should have just gotten the Aero right off the bat.