I3 pro b : sd card error

azah

I3 pro b : sd card error

Post by azah » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:53 pm

We have a Geeetech i3 pro b printer in our club
When I insert the SD card, the LCD says card inserted. However on the scroll menu it says no SD CARD and if I click this, there are no files shown despite the fact that there are several files on the card. What can we check?

Thank you,
Alex

William
Site Admin

Re: I3 pro b : sd card error

Post by William » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 am

Press the SD slot and confirm the SD slot can touch the SD card properly. And the printer just can detect the G-code file with an English name.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

jacuse

Post by jacuse » Thu May 03, 2018 7:48 am

Hi, everyone. First, sorry for my english, I´m no native speaker.
Second, to the issue:
I own a Geeetech I3 ProB.
I had the same problem: put SD Card, message "Card inserted", but when in the menu, the message: "NO card...".
I formmated a MiniSD Card, with SD adapter, Kingstone 8GB in Windows 10, FAT32, 4KB in allocation size. No change. I tried to name the file auto0.gcode, auto0.g... like I found in other blogs without any luck.
Then I thought that maybe it will be something going on with firmware (arduino on SD reading or so)... But I´m no expert in arduino or marlin programming. So, I give one more chance to formatting, except this time I used a formatting software:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html
(for MACs look up for the proper link in https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/)
I performed "Overwrite format" option, or full formatting.
And... It worked!!!
I think Windows makes some funny FAT32 formatting. So go for the source. The software assigns default allocation size for the SD Card, and a clean system volume folder.
Hope this works for others.

Ubedt

Post by Ubedt » Fri May 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Thank you for the information