GT2560 extension board melted

cstoelzel

Re: GT2560 extension board melted

Post by cstoelzel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:22 pm

Anyone ever get an answer to to this. I messaged geeetech twice last week and haven't heard. I too had a similar melting that occurred at the extension board hot bed junction... but also saw some slight burning at the powercable into the main board. Covered by warantee or not is another question, but either way, I'd like to be able to order a replacement extension board if available rather than replace the socket on it.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:28 am

cstoelzel wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:22 pm
Anyone ever get an answer to to this. I messaged geeetech twice last week and haven't heard. I too had a similar melting that occurred at the extension board hot bed junction... but also saw some slight burning at the powercable into the main board. Covered by warantee or not is another question, but either way, I'd like to be able to order a replacement extension board if available rather than replace the socket on it.
Could you tell us what is"GT2560 extension board"?
I know the GT2560A/GT2560A+ motherboard.
(I guess you are using the GT2560VB or GT2560 V3 board.If mine guess incorrect,pls correct me)
When I know it then I will send you more suggestions.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

cstoelzel

Post by cstoelzel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:07 pm

I am using the i3 pro A, with the controller box. the extension board is labeled on GTBOX Conboard V1 on it, it is the piece that It is the connector board that is attached to the printer itself and receives the ribbon connector, and breaks-out to the printer components. That's part number 1 that I need to fix/replace... in addition I also need to fix/replace the controller board (GT2560)

Heres a picture of the extension board melted
https://imgur.com/a/qQw3TpE

https://imgur.com/a/xtTLheZ

As for control board, this is what I found when I opened the control box.

https://imgur.com/a/fDweTqF

https://imgur.com/a/nU5IQdN

I've seen a number of suggestions online, and am not sure how to best proceed with it IF I have to do this myself. obviously a Mosfet mod is one of the recommendations, but seem to get mixed opinions on it. Additionally, I saw reference to upgrading the powersupply to a higher end, but am not sure yet what would be a good one to replace it with.... as I am a bit scared at the moment I approaching this cautiously .

I would have loved to have heard if something purchased about 9 months ago and showed this sort of this is covered under warrantee, but also a good solid safe plan to continue. thanks for taking the time to inquire.

cstoelzel

Post by cstoelzel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 am

I sent three message to Geeetech's customer support and haven't heard a word in response, nor follow up here. Even a simple "sorry, we don't cover that under the warranty" would have been nice, as I certainly asked the question enough.

Anyway, I have ordered a new main board, a new molex mini-fit jr, and the 2 pin terminal block connector for the extension board as I couldn't see any other way of finding that part other than ordering a whole new 3-n-1 control box. I don't mind doing the repair, after all this is a DIY hobby, but seriously would have appreciated responses to my inquiries of the warranty.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:16 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

What email address did you send your messages to :?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

cstoelzel

Post by cstoelzel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:20 am

Thank you for the reply, I had sent all three thru the websites technical support page.

https://www.geeetech.com/technical_support.html

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

I understand.
There are nice and responsible staff.

Perhaps there was a very large number of submissions during this period, larger than the ability to react in a short time. :roll:
However, some answer should be given.

The situation that has happened to you can be the result of quite frequent disconnection of this connector. As a result, the terminals have become too loose. This resulted in insufficiently good contact. Resistance was created at the contact point of the connections, which with the flow of high current resulted in the release of heat.
You already know the final effect. :(
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

cstoelzel

Post by cstoelzel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 am

yes, I figured it was something similar, but can't say I had disconnected the hotbed from extension board more than once since I built it. I had disconnected the ribbon cable frequently and hope there inst a cracked join there... something else to check I guess.

I hope they do get in touch soon and that it was just a transient spike in their workload,