A10 vs. A20 For Schools (Teachers Report)

TMeeks

A10 vs. A20 For Schools (Teachers Report)

Post by TMeeks » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:05 am

YouthQuest Foundation serves at-risk young people sing our 3D design and printing curriculum. Our students include those who have dropped out of school and have come back to try to obtain their GED and other students, on the autism spectrum, in schools that specialize with special needs students.

We also supply the 3D printers for Youth ChalleNGe sites and train their teachers. For the first time, we have added a "build" component to the curriculum and we've settled on Geeetech printers for this new initiative.

This past week, teachers from 3 states came to our lab to learn how to build both a Geeetech A10 and an A20. Our initial idea was to supply these teachers A10 printers for their students to put together and then use for the lesson cycle. But, to a person, it was decided that the best choice was the A20. It was not about print size. It was about exposed wiring and curious kids.

Of course, they weren't paying the extra cost; but, we felt they were right. The enclosed chassis of the A20 will probably result in less down time from a student's curiousity about "What does this cable do?" Being bigger is actually a slight negative since in the environments we serve the printers must be securely stored when not in use and carried to to the classroom for use. Even, so, the teachers felt the enclosed chassis was so clearly more suitable that they would put up with the extra size.

Both printers work well for teaching how to get a 3D printer put together and optimized. Both our recommendation for schools would be the A20.

BTW, we will make our "Build & Optimize" document freely available to the public after we have tested it in practice. It will also include a "What to do if..." section since each of the four printers we have built so far (Three A10 and one A20M) have had at least one or two minor challenges that the teachers had to resolve. We do not anticipate beginning with the A20M in the initial builds due to lack of experience dealing with a "MIX" head.
YouthQuest Foundation
Serving America's At-Risk Youth
http://youthquestfoundation.org

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: A10 vs. A20 For Schools (Teachers Report)

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi TMeeks.
:mrgreen:

Also the A20x model attracted my attention more.
For the same reason. ;)

It has a compact housing. This design provides a better look and helps to maintain impeccable cleanliness for delicate components.

You don't have to worry about the mix head.
If you use high quality filament, you don't even need to carry out frequent maintenance.

It's very good practice to push a small section of filament through the hot head of each extruder from time to time before you start printing.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

TMeeks

Post by TMeeks » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks!

I will begin working with the mix head on Monday. I actually think it's going to be more forgiving than the direct drive mix head of the M3D ProMega we own.

The teachers really did appreciate this class because it was so hands-on in new areas to them. I'll know whether or not I get approval to send out A20's even though we'd already purchased A10s for them. We can always use the A10's in our lab.
YouthQuest Foundation
Serving America's At-Risk Youth
http://youthquestfoundation.org

RandyBonnette

Post by RandyBonnette » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:04 pm

TMeeks wrote:
Thanks!

>>>>
Quoted message collapsed
essay writer
Hi there,
I'm a middle school teacher. We are going to have a STEM lab (an initiative by our summer club) at school and now I need to prepare the materials and curriculum for our summer program. What would you recommend: A10 or A20?

Thanks,
Randy

sur1

Post by sur1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:55 pm

TMeeks wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:10 am
Thanks!

I will begin working with the mix head on Monday. I actually think it's going to be more forgiving than the direct drive mix head of the M3D ProMega we own.Source: Embroidery digitizing .The teachers really did appreciate this class because it was so hands-on in new areas to them. I'll know whether or not I get approval to send out A20's even though we'd already purchased A10s for them. We can always use the A10's in our lab.
If you are in need of a machine to help you create all sorts of items, then a 3D printer might be a good choice for you. If you need a machine with a smaller workspace, firmware modification space, and a speedy print time, then the Geeetech A10 3D printer may be a great fit for your needs. Conversely, if you would rather great ventilation and modularized extruder wiring for easy repair, as well as a quick print time, then the Geeetech A20 3D printer may be the best choice for you. Alternatively, if you would rather more precision, a silicon carbide glass platform, a touch screen display, and a larger workspace, then the Geeetech A30 may be your best option.

Rebecca Adamson

Post by Rebecca Adamson » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm

For me the best option would be Geeetech A11, Thank you for sharing ! By the way when I had the necessary help in tax assignment, I seriously approached the choice of online service. From my own experience, I can advise https://assignment-partner.com/tax-assignment .