So many friggin bugs!

Kibo

So many friggin bugs!

Post by Kibo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 am

Hello there,

I am working with EasyPrint 3D Version 1.1.7 (should be the newest afaik). I am currently printing via USB cable, so no SD card.

If I use the standard settings, it works fine. However, if I change some settings, there are several bugs occurring:

1. Changing wall thickness, top thickness, bottom thickness, infill density:
The values you enter are not the actual values (see attachment). E.g. if I choose a top layer height of 0,6 mm, the slicer creates 1 top layer. same with 1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm. If I want to have a top layer thickness of 3 layers, I have to enter the value "5 mm" or "6 mm". Same with the infill: If I choose grid as infill pattern, and enter an infill rate of 20 %, the line distance is 40 (!) mm. If I want to have a line distance of 2 mm, I have to enter the value 400 %, of course >.>

2. Control speed:
I tried different print speeds, but only some changes seem to have effect. If I change the travel speed, I can see the effect on the printing: When I chose a speed of e.g. 10, the extruder moves very slowly to the next point, when it is not extruding. However, changes of the speed in "first layer speed", "print speed", "wall speed" and "support speed" have NO EFFECT what so ever!
I took 2 hours time today and tried different speed settings but without success. Most of the part is always done in the same speed, no matter what values I enter.

Additionally, via the control interface, I can set a speed even during printing. What´s that exactly? If I set the printing speed in the printing settings, and the print starts, it shows me the estimated time for completion. If I adjust the speed via the control panel during printing, the time that the printer shows me on its own display changes, but the time EasyPrint 3D shows me stays the initial value. How does the setting of the speed in the control panel effect the actual print?

3. Complete destruction of printed model:
I stopped printing from SD card. Why? Because it already happened to me 2 times (out of 15) that the printer RESTARTED printing after FINISHING the current print. So when the printer is done e.g. after 8 hours, he stops as he is supposed to. But then suddely he goes back to home position and starts the next print resulting in a collision with and destruction of the previously printed object. WTF?

Currently I am a bit frustrated. I mean, I managed to get along with flaw number 1 by trying out different values. I can also adjust the printer and build new parts for it if it does not function correctly. But I cannot look into its software and adjust it.

Is anyone having the same problems? I am planning to test out different slicer software as soon as I have more time but still it is annoying.

Looking forwars to you replies.

Kind regards
René
Attachments
Parameters mit Anmerkungen.jpg
Parameters mit Anmerkungen.jpg (141.6 KiB) Viewed 26851 times
Parameters + Control mit Anmerkungen.jpg
Parameters + Control mit Anmerkungen.jpg (156.49 KiB) Viewed 26851 times

Alex-w

Re: So many friggin bugs!

Post by Alex-w » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi, Kibo.
Q1: changing wall thickness... it works wrong.
A1: I saw your attachment and felt confused. The parameters shouldn't be like that. Have you ever installed an old version of EP and did not delete old configuration stored in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\roaming\easyprint before using new one? You can try to delete old config folder and reinstall EP 1.2.0.

Q2: Speed settings NO EFFECT.
A2: Maybe this problem just like Q1, it more like caused by broken configurations. EP have a debug mode. Right Click the execution/shortcut and enter properties, just adding " -c" to the end of Execution Target. It will showed you all parameters set by EP frontend which using in CURA engine when you start to slice. Please tell me the result. About time calculations, I will do some research for you.

Q3: Restart and do previous task
A3: A serious problem. Please give more details about your machine(firmware version and machine type)

Kibo

Post by Kibo » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 am

Hey Sean,

thank you for your advice.

Concerning A1:
Thanks for the tip! Indeed, I had problems with the installation at the beginning and had to reinstall it. I will check deleting the folder and reinstalling EP.

Concerning A2:
I do not know exactly what you mean and what I am supposed to do. During the week I have very limited time and cannot do too many tests with the printer. I will try it out as soon as possible.

Concerning A3:
EasyPrint 1.1.7 | Firmware V1.0.04 | I3 Pro W
I had multiple files sliced models on the SD Card so I am not shure, if the printer somehow proceeded to print the next file after he had been finished. I think I could look at the code of the models and see if any flaw is visible, but I do not know much about the file type yet. So it will require some time.

Afterall, I am glad that this is not the standard behaviour of the printer (I was wondering why I did not read about more complains in the forum). Currently I am producing casings that I urgently require, so I will not interrupt the printing as long as it somewhat works. As soon as this is finished, I will look into the problem a bit more in detail.

Kind regards
René

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:38 am

@Kibo
Low current will activate power-off detection module and then restart your machine.
You can replace capacity by ultracapacitor and remove the detection module.

Kibo

Post by Kibo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:39 pm

sean wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Hi, Kibo.
Q1: changing wall thickness... it works wrong.
A1: I saw your attachment and felt confused. The parameters shouldn't be like that. Have you ever installed an old version of EP and did not delete old configuration stored in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\roaming\easyprint before using new one? You can try to delete old config folder and reinstall EP 1.2.0.
I followed your advice and uninstalled EasyPrint, then deleted the folder, then reinstalled version 1.2.0. The settings for wall thickness and bottom / top thickness still do not work properly (bzw. also tested the new version 1.2.4, same flaw).
sean wrote:
Q2: Speed settings NO EFFECT.
A2: Maybe this problem just like Q1, it more like caused by broken configurations. EP have a debug mode. Right Click the execution/shortcut and enter properties, just adding " -c" to the end of Execution Target. It will showed you all parameters set by EP frontend which using in CURA engine when you start to slice. Please tell me the result. About time calculations, I will do some research for you.
I saw they wrote in the notes of EasyPrint 1.2.4, that version 1.2.0 is experiencing problems with the speed settings. So I see my problems confirmed. Speed settings work now properly with version 1.2.4.
sean wrote:
Q3: Restart and do previous task
A3: A serious problem. Please give more details about your machine(firmware version and machine type)
I still have not figured out the problem yet. Last week I printed from the SD card and cancelled the print via display, then the extruder drove in Y+ direction until it blocked before cut the power. I am only printing via USB since then.

Currently I am having a new problem with EP version 1.2.4: The print flow variable cannot be changed or rather changing the value has no effect on the print (G-Code). It is set to 250 % as default which is much to high and causing major problems to my print. Just FYI

Kibo

Post by Kibo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 pm

sean wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:38 am
@Kibo
Low current will activate power-off detection module and then restart your machine.
You can replace capacity by ultracapacitor and remove the detection module.
How could a low current occur?