SD Card slot not picking up and reading sd cards

wayneteresa

SD Card slot not picking up and reading sd cards

Post by wayneteresa » Wed May 03, 2017 6:07 am

I have the Geeetech Rostock 301 printer, last night is the first time I tried to use a SD card with the printer, I tried 2 separate SD cards and both times the LCD board stated "No SD Card Inserted" both cards are working and I copied the G Code onto them both, but the printer isnt reading the cards

How can I fix this???

William
Site Admin

Re: SD Card slot not picking up and reading sd cards

Post by William » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

wayneteresa wrote:I have the Geeetech Rostock 301 printer, last night is the first time I tried to use a SD card with the printer, I tried 2 separate SD cards and both times the LCD board stated "No SD Card Inserted" both cards are working and I copied the G Code onto them both, but the printer isnt reading the cards

How can I fix this???
Hi,Here are some tips for you to help you solve this problem:
1、Use repetier to put files on SD-card and the G-codes have been also in root directory of SD-card.
2、Check your lcd and cable,make sure they have a good connetion.
3、Try to use some high end SD cards.
4、Reinstall the FTDI drivers.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

wayneteresa

Post by wayneteresa » Wed May 03, 2017 7:47 pm

I did use Repetier to install the G Code in the main root directory on the SD Card
Yes, everything thing else works from the LCD Board to the Printer, so I must have a good connection
I am using good quality SD Cards
This is where I am not sure, actually what is the FTDI drivers, in me reading about that driver there appears to be different ones such as FTDI for android etc, can you give me the link to the one I need to install or reinstall please??

wayneteresa

Post by wayneteresa » Thu May 04, 2017 5:53 am

A update ..... Yes the card formatted to Fat32, I again tried insert the card with no reading, then leaving the card inserted turning off and on the printer, the LCD screen then went to 3 lines of blocks across the whole screen, once I removed the SD card the LCD screen return to normal??
Attachments
withoutsd.jpg
This is after I insert SD card or with No SD Card
withoutsd.jpg (100.19 KiB) Viewed 13838 times
18318423_1418127681577302_1380663014_o.jpg
This is with SD Card insert then turning power off and back on again
18318423_1418127681577302_1380663014_o.jpg (417.99 KiB) Viewed 13839 times

wayneteresa

Post by wayneteresa » Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 am

I went out and bought a brand new SD Card which was smaller in size, then formatted it to Fat32 and put the GCode into the Root Directory

Now the LCD Panel is reading the new SD Code.... I am not using the Bigger SD Cards any more

Issue Resolved

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 am

Glad to hear you have solved your problem. :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

sparky1phillip

Post by sparky1phillip » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:56 am

Hi Guys, I was given this kit built geeetech ctc Prusa I3 Pro B I think it is. he'd had it a year or so and could never get it to print from the SD card. USB lead connection worked fine for me, but I kept tripping over the lead. After months of trying different things that didn't work I finally swapped the two grey leads leading to the lcd screen at both ends and it worked it now reads the sd card. The two grey leads look identical but they can't be. I wonder how many more people got this bit wrong in the construction stage. Like I say Its had me baffled for months. When i first got the printer I swapped the two grey leads, but only at the top end that of course doesn't work. Swap them both at the lcd and at the board end and try it. There is nothing on the web about this just complaints and videos of it. I hope this helps somebody! I'm so relieved I got mine working! Sparky1phillip!

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:53 am

Hey, friend, you can try to format the SD card.