Switching GT2560 extruder connections

ryan4all

Switching GT2560 extruder connections

Post by ryan4all » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:34 am

Hi all

I have recently purchased a "Geeetech Prusa i3 X" which runs off a GT2560 controller board. I have fully setup and tested the unit and everything appears to be working except the extruder is not extruding filament.

- the hot end is running fine and I am running it a 220 degrees so temp is not an issue.
- The X, Y and Z stepper motors work fine however when I try to extrude filament the stepper motor on the extruder is not running.
- I have plugged the extruders stepper motor into the x axis port on the board to confirm the physical stepper motor is not faulty.
- I have also updated the firmware to the board but no good.

Since the board has ports for 2 extruders but I am only using 1 I was wondering if it was possible to modify the firmware (I am using marlin) to use the second port. This would also allow me to confirm if the issue is with a physical component on the board.

Regards
Ryan

Sherry

Re: Switching GT2560 extruder connections

Post by Sherry » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 am

ryan4all wrote:Hi all

I have recently purchased a "Geeetech Prusa i3 X" which runs off a GT2560 controller board. I have fully setup and tested the unit and everything appears to be working except the extruder is not extruding filament.

- the hot end is running fine and I am running it a 220 degrees so temp is not an issue.
- The X, Y and Z stepper motors work fine however when I try to extrude filament the stepper motor on the extruder is not running.
- I have plugged the extruders stepper motor into the x axis port on the board to confirm the physical stepper motor is not faulty.
- I have also updated the firmware to the board but no good.

Since the board has ports for 2 extruders but I am only using 1 I was wondering if it was possible to modify the firmware (I am using marlin) to use the second port. This would also allow me to confirm if the issue is with a physical component on the board.

Regards
Ryan
you can check if there is short circuit on the pins of extruder motor slot.In additon,please try to burn the firmware in the link.and see if it is the firmware problem.
I3X down load link: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1589

ryan4all

Post by ryan4all » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Team

This is the firmware I have already tested with no results.

How would I check if there is a short circuit in the pins and how would I fix it if there was. If the board is physically faulty then I will require a replacement as the board was delivered to me DOA.

Regards
Ryan

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:25 pm

ryan4all wrote:Hi Team

This is the firmware I have already tested with no results.

How would I check if there is a short circuit in the pins and how would I fix it if there was. If the board is physically faulty then I will require a replacement as the board was delivered to me DOA.
hi,friend. the firmware has been updated the day before yesterday,so please check if you have download the latest firmware.

LiviuC

Post by LiviuC » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Hello Ryan, how did you solved the problem because we have the same problem with the extruder motor port on GT2560 control board ? In our case the jumper below driver is set to 1/4 step but any stepper motor which we plug-in does not work ... Motor is good and is working on different port (we tried on Y axis).

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi, If you have tested that all stepper motors do not work at the extruder port,
there is a problem with the extruder port
and you can try replacing the motherboard.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!