Printboard several problems

i3dbot

Printboard several problems

Post by i3dbot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi there,
I manufacture 3D Printer for sales in Thailand and near by countries.
I have been use several control boards, and I used nearly 200 pcs of Printboard Controller. now I have 5 problems that I already investigated and pretty sure it cause by control board mulfunction.
1. once supply power to the board, it supply electricity directly to hotend, and keep going never stop, and can't control temp at all.
2. once online the controller with the PC, it show max hotbed temp, even the hotbed only at room temp. checking at the therminister ohm . it ok and not short circuit. Once look closer to an IC (6 legs) next to the hotbed connector on the board, I saw a short circuit soldered between 2 legs on this IC.
3. once online the controller, everything works ok, except, X motor can't move invert. only move one direction. already swift Y motor , Z motor to this X connector on the board, all show same result of X motor can't divert. The endstop switch work perfectly.
4. on first time online, there was a buzz sound and the IC on the Y Controller was burn....... everything work fine, except no controll for Y motor, look closely at the IC number, the IC no is 869U, while IC for X, Z, E are 553U. is it possible , they install wrong IC, or there is short circuit underneath the Y IC
5. once connect power supply and USB cable , the LED on the board was off, I pretty sure there is short circuit on the board. I found the short circuit on the back . this time was the endstops soldered area.

thanks for reading

Irene

Re: Printboard several problems

Post by Irene » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Dear friend,
Please be a little patient and try to test the defective boards according to the following steps:
1.About the board can't control temperature,
1)Try to burn the firmware again.(I have attached the firmware at the end of the post)
2)Check whether there is a short circuit after you connect 12V to the middle pin of the mos tube.
3)Check the mos tube is broken or not,test if there is bridge between the edge two pins of the mos tube.
2.About the board shows max hotbed temperature.
Please check if there is a short circuit between the pin C9 and C10.
3. X motor can't move invert. only move one direction.
1)Check if you have connected the endstop correctly.
2)Test the 14th pin of the A4982 chip can change from 0V to 5V.
3)Solder the A4982 again.
4.No controll for Y motor.
Please try to solder or replace the chip of Y motor.
5.The LED on the board was off.
1)Use a knife to cut the place of circuit,and be careful not to damage the board.
2)You can send us a picture of this board.Then we can tell you how to solve it.
I hope these will do some help to you.And please tell us the results after you tried.
Best regards
Attachments
pprintrboard固件.zip
(454.15 KiB) Downloaded 508 times

i3dbot

Post by i3dbot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks,

2)Check whether there is a short circuit after you connect 12V to the middle pin of the mos tube....... where and what is mos tube
3)Check the mos tube is broken or not,test if there is bridge between the edge two pins of the mos tube.
Please check if there is a short circuit between the pin C9 and C10...... where are these pins located.......
1)Check if you have connected the endstop correctly............. already check enstop .... it work correctly......
2)Test the 14th pin of the A4982 chip can change from 0V to 5V...............where is this 14 pins......
3)Solder the A4982 again...... it is so tiny ..... I don't think I can solder them......
Please try to solder or replace the chip of Y motor......... it is so tiny ..... I don't think I can solder them......... where can I find the replacement chip..........will you send me some
5.The LED on the board was off.
1)Use a knife to cut the place of circuit,and be careful not to damage the board.
2)You can send us a picture of this board.Then we can tell you how to solve it.
I hope these will do some help to you.And please tell us the results after you tried.

Irene

Post by Irene » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Dear friend,
I'm sorry for my poor English.Mos tube means mosfet.
I have added a picture and highlighted the pins and mosfet.
You can have a try again.
Any concerns,please feel free to contact us.
Best regards
Attachments
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 13752 times

i3dbot

Post by i3dbot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 pm

2)Check whether there is a short circuit after you connect 12V to the middle pin of the mos tube.......yes, it supply 12V to other pin.....
3)Check the mos tube is broken or not,test if there is bridge between the edge two pins of the mos tube........ no , bridge between 2 pins...
Please check if there is a short circuit between the pin C9 and C10......I had checked, ...no short circuit between C9 and C10
1)Check if you have connected the endstop correctly............. already check enstop .... it work correctly......
2)Test the 14th pin of the A4982 chip can change from 0V to 5V...............no voltage change, 0V.
3)Solder the A4982 again...... it is so tiny ..... I don't think I can solder them......
Please try to solder or replace the chip of Y motor......... it is so tiny ..... I don't think I can solder them......... where can I find the replacement chip..........will you send me some
5.The LED on the board was off.... already solve... it was short circuit at stop switch soldered area.....
6. New problem..... one board was used normally for about 3 months..less than 200 hrs.. and suddently , motor Y and Z could not detect Stop switch signal..... the stop switch working ok,..... reinstall the firmware, the problem still the same.....

Irene

Post by Irene » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Dear friend,
Please try the following steps:
Please check the picture I have added,use a knife to cut the circuit of the JP6.
Try to not connect the thermistor.
Use your Multimeter to test the voltage between the pin 14 (DIR) and GND,pin11 (STEP) and GND,pin23 (EN)-GND
About the chips,you can contact our customer service.
Look forward to your early reply.
Best regards
Attachments
SHSF8_NRK]C)ZBUNT)EK4%O.jpg
SHSF8_NRK]C)ZBUNT)EK4%O.jpg (316.98 KiB) Viewed 16955 times
JP6.jpg
JP6.jpg (477.13 KiB) Viewed 16955 times

i3dbot

Post by i3dbot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Please check the picture I have added,use a knife to cut the circuit of the JP6.........this is not right, I can't tell my customer to use the defect board.... it need to be replace...
Try to not connect the thermistor........this is not right, I can't tell my customer to use the defect board.... it need to be replace...
Use your Multimeter to test the voltage between the
pin 14 (DIR) and GND..... 7volts
,pin11 (STEP) and GND,... no voltage
pin23 (EN)-GND ....5vots
About the chips,you can contact our customer service.

today now problem on other board, after online the board, and start increase temp for hotend extruder and bed, my power supply switch off to protect the short circuit.
I think same problem as the JP6.... or short circuit somewhere

Irene

Post by Irene » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Dear friend,
Please help us to test the defective boards again:
1.X motor can't move invert. only move one direction.
Use your Multimeter to test the voltage between the pin 14 (DIR) and other pins,especially pay attention to the pin VDD.And remember not to connect the power supply.
2. After online the board, and start increase temp for hotend extruder and bed.
Please make sure you have chose the right port to upload firmware.(See the added picture)
1)You can try to upload the firmware we have provided in the previous post again.
2)Check whether there is a short circuit after you connect 12V to the middle pin of the mosfet.
3)Check the mosfet is broken or not,test if there is bridge between the edge two pins of the mosfet.
Appreciate you rpatience and understanding.
Look forward to your early reply.
Best regards
Attachments
upload firmware.jpg
upload firmware.jpg (333.09 KiB) Viewed 16918 times

i3dbot

Post by i3dbot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Irene,
I received the last order 10 PCBA Printboard, 8 of them I can install firmware, other 2 not connect to the computer.
I will send them back to you with other 4 boards from previous order, 2 of them can not connect to the computer, 1board - x move forward, not backward, 1 board - no movement on y motoer at all. total 6 boards.
pls send your DHL or Fedex account to pick them up.
Sorry, I don't have time to fix them and not sure whether it still work after fix them, or fix them the proper way.
thanks
Pong

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Dear friend,
Our customer service will contact you.
Wish you a nice day!
Best regards