Azteeg

Mjolinor

Azteeg

Post by Mjolinor » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Bought this off ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281318459419? ... 1439.l2649

I have programmed it with the test routine and this is all it does:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dknpower/2 ... 075734.mp4

If I put a stepper driver board in the X slot then it gets really hot, hot enough to burn if I left it. The other two steppers do not do anything but the green LEDs do flash as they should do. This is the same with your test routine except that the green LEDs flash alternately instead of together.

I think the board is faulty but am prepared to admit that I am incorrect if someone can tell me what the problem is.

Lemon

Re: Azteeg

Post by Lemon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

Dear friend,
Sincerely sorry for this inconvenience, but the most important thing I need to point out is all our products have been tested before shipped out. The problem probably have occurred in the course of transit, which is out of our control. But we are serious seller, we do not escape any problem from our customers', we will do whatever we can do for our customers. I hope I can solve your problem together with you.
According to your question, we have watched the video you sent, but we can't clearly know the direction of DRV8825. Could you please send me some photos of how you connect Azteeg and DRV8825?
Waiting your reply. Best regards.

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:24 pm

I can assure you that they are in the correct way round (EN to EN). I will take a picture later and post it. This board is faulty and it is not faulty because of the shipping. As a seller if a product is damaged in shipping then it is not packaged correctly. This product was packaged extremely well and there is no way it was damaged in transit.

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:29 pm

As requested:
Attachments
azteeg.jpg
azteeg.jpg (138.52 KiB) Viewed 15926 times

Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Dear friend,
Thank you for your photo.
Could you please test the Azteeg corresponding Pin with DRV8825 as following:
1.The voltage between the STEP and the GND Pin;
2.The voltage between the DIR and the GND Pin;
3. The voltage between the EN and the GND Pin.

After you finish tested, please tell me the details.

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:04 am

Step is 0 or 4.12 depending on the LEDs, DIR is pulsing as it should between 0 and 4.12, as it should and EN is low (0.12 volts).

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:05 am

Dir is 0 or 4.12 depending on the LEDs, step is pulsing as it should between 0 and 4.12, as it should and EN is low (0.12 volts).

Lemon

Post by Lemon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 am

Dear friend,
Thank you for your reply.
Could you please check whether there have tin slag on the Azteeg or not?
And use the multimeter to test between DIR Pin and STEP Pin to check whether there is short circuit or not.

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:24 pm

I do not know what a tin slag is.

There is no short, there cannot be, they have different signals on.

dir __________________________-----------------------------------------_______________________________________---------------------------------
step _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
EN_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly as it should be.

Mjolinor

Post by Mjolinor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

It has just occurred to me. You mean solder when you say "tin slag" so to answer your question, I have already checked that all soldered joints are OK and that there are no solder shorts anywhere on the PCB, I did this underneath a stereo microscope. I have checked signal levels on the processor, inputs and outputs, with an oscilloscope and there is nothing wrong with the processor or the USB serial. The problem with this board is that the PCB is faulty.