Melzi Ardentissimo Failure

gsvanwinkle

Melzi Ardentissimo Failure

Post by gsvanwinkle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:58 pm

I just received my Melzi Ardentissimo. I wired it up to a 12v power, then powered it on. Once I plug it into a Windows 7 machine, the motors on my reprap immediately start spinning and won't stop. They change directions at random. I tried uploading Repetier Firmware using Arduino IDE 1.0.5 and selecting Melzi board. It won't fit in the 64k memory. I then tried uploading Repetier Firmware and selecting Gen7 1.4.1 and later. It shows it will fit. It compiles, then tries to upload. The upload progresses for about 30 seconds then hangs for 10 minutes. At that time it errors out with a message that it never completed "failed miserably." (I've never seen truer words in an error message!!!) I tried to follow the links on the Geeetech wiki for this board, and they are inadequate, incomplete, and appear to be poorly copied from Reprap.org's stub on this board. 3 of the 4 links on the wiki point to the same exact page. The 4th link appears to point to some software, but has no explanation of what it does or how to use it.

What firmware can I use on this board? How can I upload the firmware? What software does this board work with to operate a reprap????

jack

Re: Melzi Ardentissimo Failure

Post by jack » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:35 am

hi friend
Our products include test code before they go out,so once you power it ,it will turn normally.

jack

Post by jack » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:38 am

please refer to link:http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Melzi

Note: be carful your IDE version

gsvanwinkle

Post by gsvanwinkle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:40 am

I followed the inadequate instructions in the wiki you cited, which were not posted until after I reported this issue. I downgraded from a current Arduino IDE of 1.0.5 to the recommended 1.0.1. This unit still cannot be programmed. The latest from Technical Support is that they want me to use a 12+ year old version of Windows which has been superseded by at least 8 newer versions of Windows. That is an unreasonable request.

All attempts to upload firmware over the serial port, as claimed in the wiki, fail. What are the instructions to accomplish this since the wiki fails to document any of that and no instructions were provided with the order?

gsvanwinkle

Post by gsvanwinkle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:37 pm

I did refer to the link/wiki, as I have been instructed multiple times by GeTech's staff and the forum moderators. It is incomplete. The files posted don't work. The Marlin.ino in the "Melzi printer.zip" downloaded from the Wiki can't even compile. I uninstalled the current release of Arduino IDE 1.0.5 and installed the v1.0.1 from the link in the Wiki. Upon opening the Marlin.ino in this outdated Arduino IDE, it notifies me it can't open it unless it creates a new sketch folder named Marlin and places the .ino file in that location. After permitting it to take those actions, I tried compiling the Marlin.ino. It presents the error in the first screen shot.
Error message 1.png
Error Messge #1
Error message 1.png (37.02 KiB) Viewed 23504 times

I reviewed the code and updated the paths to the Configuration.h and pins.h files. I then tried to compile again. Now it gets the error in the second screen shot.
Error message 2.png
Error Message #2
Error message 2.png (38.53 KiB) Viewed 23504 times
This unit was described both on Amazon.com and GeTech's web site as a"plug and play" reprap controller, which it obviously isn't. Has anybody EVER received one of these units that works directly out of the box, without a complete reprogramming and hardware flashing?

jack

Post by jack » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi
friend
your program is not complete,please pull attachment into the IDE ,then complie it again

gsvanwinkle

Post by gsvanwinkle » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 am

That makes no sense. What attachment are you is missing?

According to Arduino.cc, this error means the sketch is missing the two basic required components of any Arduino sketch - the setup and the loop.

Is there a complete set of the firmware ANYWHERE on the planet?

jack

Post by jack » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm

hi
friends
the firmware download link is here:http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... rinter.zip

heimfabrikant

Post by heimfabrikant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:01 am

Hello, I had same trouble with this board.
I now have uploaded the monomendel/huxley marlin firmware of reprappro.
this works when sd support is disabled.
But now i have other problems:

x axis does not work
e axis does not work
temperature is 45 deg at room temperature of 25 deg
the working stepper drivers are running at full step resolution...

if anybody got this board running please let me know, i am really frustrated!
At all this board is anything else than plug and play.

jack

Post by jack » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 pm

According to the figure, weld the plate connected, and then download code from the official website .
Attachments
QQ图片20131204154618xzy.jpg
QQ图片20131204154618xzy.jpg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 23303 times