A10 with 3DTouch not responding to Z-offset??

AmirJustin

A10 with 3DTouch not responding to Z-offset??

Post by AmirJustin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:38 pm

I've got an A10 GT2650V3 with the official Geeetech Marlin 1.1.8 with 3D Touch enabled.

The probe works but it stops the Z-axis 2 mm above the bed, and I've got the probe set as high as the mounting bracket will allow.

Initially, I set the Z-offset and it worked. I ran the bed leveling and it worked until point 7 when the nozzle crashed into the bed. After that, the machine stopped responding to the probe and the nozzle kept crashing into the bed even when auto homing. I tried adjusting the offset and the machine acted like I changed nothing.

I rebooted the machine, reset it, etc and nothing fixed it. I decided to reflash the firmware and that got the probe working again but when I set a Z-offset, the machine still acts as if I did nothing.

I tried compiling the stock 1.1.8 firmware (no 3D Touch included) for myself, but when I flashed my version, the machine wouldn't home on Z-axis. Therefore, I don't think I can fix it in the firmware without creating other problems.

Can anyone out there give me some pointers?

mr_fosi

Re: A10 with 3DTouch not responding to Z-offset??

Post by mr_fosi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:06 pm

I think the main pointer is that the 3DTouch is hot garbage.

I posted about my experience back in March: https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 98&t=70251

And I've seen other threads since then and they all end the same way: with the user throwing the sensor in the trash or the parts bin.

Save yourself the headache and dump it.