technical advice needed on gt2560 v3 components pls

mellie1968

technical advice needed on gt2560 v3 components pls

Post by mellie1968 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me.
I have 2 fauly mainboards for my A10m, they are the GT2560 v3, my original one has a drain on the power so that the usb and lcd do not work properly, The power supply going to u2 was ok, the 5v on D10 was pulsing around 3v as though the u2was trying to regulate but shutting down and powering up. Removed the u2 originally and fitted a 5v supply but the steppers wouldnt all work then!! finally removed the 5v supply again and replaced the u2 with a new M2303ADN SOP and I did get the yellow led but still nothing on the display, it just flashed the backlight.

I ordered a new board and that had issues, the heated bed was showing 270 degrees when cold!! I spoke to some helpful ppl and after numerous suggestions and tests it was proven it was the new board that was at fault. I requested to return the board but I got to keep it so I am able to play around with them now to try and get one to work. I am not really technically minded but I do pcb soldering and know the basics on a multi meter, ie, how to check resistance etc. I would really appreciate any help on getting it up and running again, I already have a working A10m and 2 creality cr-10s's so I am greedy and want all 4 again :D . Or offers on an A10m that needs a mainboard are welcome in the UK. I have included a pic of the 2 boards, the latest one has a mod soldered on it(the through hole cap), that is how it came!! the bottom original one looks as though one of the endstop socket is burnt but that was me, I caught it with the iron when removing the mod. I hope all that made sense and hope someone out there reads this and can help me make one working board out of the 2????? :lol:
Attachments
pcbs.jpg
pcbs.jpg (238.98 KiB) Viewed 10515 times