Cura PLA+ Profile

cDuck28Z

Cura PLA+ Profile

Post by cDuck28Z » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:12 am

Good afternoon,

I've been using my Geeetech A10M using Simplify3D as my slicer. I was getting a bit of stringing on my smaller parts tho, and was impressed with the amount of control Cura gives you and the options they have. I'm printing with eSun PLA+ and using Cura 4.4.1

I've adjusted every setting I can think of making over 70 test prints. I've made combinations with my retraction distance from 2-13mm, retraction speed 20-80mm/sec, wipe distance 0.2-1.5mm, coast volume .02-.20mm³, shell printing order, Z hop from 0-1.0mm, travel speed up to 200mm/sec, and print temperatures down as low as 205°C (the lowest eSun recommends printing). Unfortunately, I CANNOT get rid of the stringing issues.

Does anyone have a profile they has gotten good print quality for eSun PLA+ using the A10 or A10m?
Last edited by cDuck28Z on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Cura PLA+ Profile

Post by William » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 am

:D Hi, You can download the configuration of cura on the official website:https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=47
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

cDuck28Z

Post by cDuck28Z » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:22 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 am
:D Hi, You can download the configuration of cura on the official website:https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=47
Thank you for the reply. I have already built the machine and have the Geeetech A10M printer added to my available printers. I apologize for the confusion in my question. I am trying to dial in my settings; Temperature, speed, retraction distance and speed, coast volume, etc. Is anyone printing well with the eSun PLA+ on the A10 or A10M? If so, can you post some screenshots of your settings so I can try to match. Thank you so much in advance!

cDuck28Z

Post by cDuck28Z » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:27 pm

Here is an example of just a fraction of the test prints I've run. For the life of me I CANNOT get rid of this stringing! The best sample here has a coast volume of .2mm³ and has terrible under extruding toward the end of each retraction, and I'm still getting some stringing...
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (2.12 MiB) Viewed 7582 times

cDuck28Z

Post by cDuck28Z » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm

So after going through the hot end and removing the small disks, I've gone through and tried adjusting every setting I can think of with no real luck increasing my print quality with Cura. Disheartened, I went back to Simplify3D and have gotten same really amazing quality prints!! Unfortunately, taking those same settings back to Cura does not provide the same quality. Anyone out there willing to share their Cura settings for PLA+?

cDuck28Z

Post by cDuck28Z » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:16 pm

So just an update...

After trying everything I could think of in the settings, removing the restrictive plates in the hot end, and printing over 100 test prints, it dawned on me that it could be my firmware. Sure enough, the stock firmware limits the retraction speed to 25mm/sec, regardless of what you have any of your settings at in any program. After updating to Marlin 2.0.1 and removing such restrictions, my prints are beautiful comparatively!! Still need to dial it in but the stock 6mm and 45mm/sec seem to be working extremely well! Will post my setting once I have everything dialed in