A10 Aluminium Prusa I3 - GT2560 V3.0 + 3D Touch

-Dirk-

A10 Aluminium Prusa I3 - GT2560 V3.0 + 3D Touch

Post by -Dirk- » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Hello dear helping minds!

For about 5 hours now I have been struggling to get the job done by myself and therefore I will now ask for your help.

First of all some data:
A10 Aluminium Prusa I3, DIY Kit (as stated by the retailer I purchased the printer from)
Marlin 1.1.8 25th of December 2017 ("About Printer" -> "Printer Info")
GT2560 V3.0 / Baud 250000 / FW Ver: V1.1 / HW Ver: V2.90 / Protocol: 1.0 / PSU: Generic (as stated in the printers option "About Printer" -> "Board Info")

My achievements so far:
+ Printer itself stands and runs, testprint on the provided SD card worked well
+ I managed to locate the USB Port (to whom who is still searching: the printer comes with a cable of about 1m length (some people called it a silver cable, either I turned colorblind or mine is blue). One end that goes into an USB Port on your pc and one end that goes into the front of your printer on the bottom left into the black box beneath the bed - this end does not look like USB, so dont bother looking for it, just take the whole it goes into)
+ I attached the 3D Touch and plugged it in correctly, according to this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtsZDbR2po) which is linked at every other guide or question but does little to nothing to actually get the thing going...

At this point the tricky part begins as I can not exactly follow the steps from the guide (http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17181)
- I tried to install the firmware (A10_Marlin1.1.8, listed quite at the bottom of the guide, because this one called out my board) with Arduino 1.8.5 (although the latest version is a different one) First question: Is this the right firmware?
- In Arduino: my Com port is not COM26, I can only choose COM3
- In Arduino: the guide tells me to select the following board "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK" but the closest one I get to choose is "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560"
- In Arduino: I then hit upload and as I see it everything worked fine, no error message at all

If I follow this directory in the Folder of the firmware ".../A10_marlin1.1.8\Configuration and hex file\3d touch" I find two files "Configuration.h" and "Configuration.h.bak"
Question 2: Did I just not tick the right options somewhere in the process? As far as I know I never got to choose between a version with or without 3D Touch, but obviously this firmware provides both...

This guide (https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61820) tells me to get a firmware that works with 3D Touch and the connected file contains two files: "A10_V1.1.8_3d touch.hex" and "A10_Configuration.h"
(Edit01) Oh and Github got entirely different files following the link...
Question 3: What am I supposed to do with these files?

I suppose I did not install the software correctly, as I dont get the following options on my printer "bed leveling", "Z offset" or "BLTouch Self-test".
Plus if I pick "auto home" it hovers just over the egde of the bed and stays there, but in the video it hovers back to the middle.

If I could get this thing running with the 3D Touch I would highly appreciate all the help!
Answers in German and English are both more than welcome!

William
Site Admin

Re: A10 Aluminium Prusa I3 - GT2560 V3.0 + 3D Touch

Post by William » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 am

Hi, If you use Arduino, you can't upload firmware in HEX format.
You need to select the firmware of Configuration.h format with 3D Touch,
and the port has different names according to your own computer, but the board selection is Arduino Mega 2560;

If you feel that your firmware is not uploaded correctly,
you can try to download the compiled firmware in hex format on the official website
:https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=30

and upload it using Cura slicing software.
Connect your computer via USB,

Select Settings-printer -manager printer
0.2.png
0.2.png (97.32 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
Upload the firmware
0.3.png
0.3.png (93.1 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
(Image as a reference)

I hope this can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

-Dirk-

Post by -Dirk- » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Thank You so much! :D
It worked. I left Arduino aside, installed Ultimaker Cura and downloaded the firmware you linked "A10_G04(GT2560V3+CH340 Support 3Dtouch)" and then just followed your steps. After that it was really just following the steps from the youtube tutorial (linked by me earlier) and now its all ready to go.
You have no idea how releaved and thankful I am that its working now ^^
I guess thats how it is when youre new to something; hours of struggling on stuff thats hella easy once you got it done for once :lol:
Have a great day, for I am having one for sure :!:

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 pm

:D enjoy!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!