Problems with "locking" of X,Y and Z Axis

JanZurLok

Problems with "locking" of X,Y and Z Axis

Post by JanZurLok » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Dear all,

I just assembled my Geeetech A10. It's my first 3D printer, but not my first experience with steppers and this type of linear rails.

When I initialized the system everything more or less worked. However, especially at the Z-axis home position, I sometimes lose steps (you hear the noise). I uncoupled the "X-bar" by loosing the screws connecting the try to the lead screw. I was totally surprised that the bar, stuck on half position and I am only able to move it with considerable force. There are also some "locked" positions, which seems to be one turn of a wheel away from each other. The same "locking" behavior is true for the the x and y position, also not as strong.

Before I completly dissamble the system in all wrong places, I hope to learn something from your expierence:
1) Shouldn't the x-bar move freely (and acutally move to the bottom) when decouple from the lead screw?
2) Are these locking positions normal? Potentially they are from long storage and will wear off over time?

Any further suggestion are welcome!

Thank,
Jan

Tomyuan

Re: Problems with "locking" of X,Y and Z Axis

Post by Tomyuan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

I think these part you can check it:
1.The wheels
You can use the toolkit loose it a little. Maybe it is tight
2.The lead screw
You can add some oil for it.If you find it was bent,you can ask the sales send you the new lead screw
3.The z axis nut
Check it is level and not bent.
8-)

JanZurLok

Post by JanZurLok » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Dear Tom,

thanks for you answer.
I already loosen the wheels a little bit, which helped with the missing steps. However, there are still certain "locked positions" which needs extra force to overcome it.
I guess the bearings are somehow broken. That's the only reason I see why this "locked positions" are roughly one wheel turn away. It is, however, strange that it happens on all three axes.

I have contacted the seller as I noticed later that the extruder is also broken and the button does only react on every third turn... :cry:.

It seems I had bad luck with my device. I could potentially mend it, but it would take time and effort...

Best,
Jan

JanZurLok

Post by JanZurLok » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Okay, just found this and it seems to be exactly my problem:

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... eel#p88316

I guess my pritner was just stored to long at the same position (at least 6 month in storage in europe)

Tomyuan

Post by Tomyuan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:42 pm

Have you tried to contact the sales?
They should send you the replacement if it is under warranty