Screen has 2 lines, no info

gboldiii

Screen has 2 lines, no info

Post by gboldiii » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:11 am

I just set up my 10M printer and the screen has two lines and the dial does not do anything. The first time I turned it on the screen worked fine, now it just has to lines on the 1st and 3rd rows, any thoughts?

Update, after a few minutes the lines go away and there is nothing on the screen. I tried re-seating the screen cable but it still does not display anything.

gboldiii

Re: Screen has 2 lines, no info

Post by gboldiii » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:26 am

I tried to re-flash the FW but it would always timeout. However, the next time I turned the printer on the screen was back to normal. I'm on version 1.1.8. Thanks

cwilson3067

Post by cwilson3067 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:21 am

Hi
I seem to be having a very similar issue.

Still struggling through a few suggestions.

Keep me in the loop.

buttervonwaffle

Post by buttervonwaffle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am

I just recently had this issue and fixed it by doing this step. If your SD card is sitting in it pull it out and then turn it on the issue should go away, whenever you do firmware updates always ensure your SD card is removed, honestly helps reduce headache and stops oddities from occurring.

If it doesn't it could very likely be a boot loader issue but I highly doubt it since you are getting a boot up screen.

It could also be a loose screen ribbon cable, you should ensure that the cable is plugged in properly to the back of the screen as well as the board.
If something I said just helped you out tremendously you can drop a little ramen money, the coding monkeys in my basement will appreciate it - Feed them here

You can private message me if you have any questions I might be able to help.

gboldiii

Post by gboldiii » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 pm

My lines went away while I was trying to re-flash. My printer started working again for several days until yesterday when I turned the printer on to the 2 lines again. I've tried to re-flash the A10M's 1.1.8 version with Arduino 1.8.5 and connected with COM 3 with the CH341 USB COM driver but always get a timeout error. Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (364.78 KiB) Viewed 8950 times

Chub

Post by Chub » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:37 am

I have a brand new A10M. Built it, turned on and have only a solid green screen. Ribbon cable looked kinked in box. Suggestions before I contact Geetech? Flash new firmware?

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 am

Chub wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:37 am
I have a brand new A10M. Built it, turned on and have only a solid green screen. Ribbon cable looked kinked in box. Suggestions before I contact Geetech? Flash new firmware?
My replacement motherboard came with a similar problem. I'm actually awaiting resolution of that with Geeetech, but they're still on their Chinese New Year Break until the 10th.

I may have temporarily (or perhaps permanently?) fixed my problem by closely examining the motherboard, and finding one of the leads to the MBoard CPU crystal was not soldered. It booted/worked every so often, but was very frustrating until I finally took it out and re-soldered the lead.

If you feel comfortable, or have the equipment, you might try taking the board out and having a close look at it. I reflowed the solder in a couple of places and soldered the CPU crystal lead, and I have had a couple of days of fairly normal operations.

I have seen others mention this here as well. I'm guessing the foundry Geeetech is using for the boards is slightly lacking in quality control. The board functions well, when it works -- and the rest of the printer is great. Just high maintenance getting it up and running.