Can't print a thing

diler35

Re: Can't print a thing

Post by diler35 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:46 am

Well, im trying to find solution(s) to printing problems. When printing starts nothing comes out from extruder for almost 20 to 30 seconds then extruder starts sorting filements, then the filement stays well on bed for a few seconds and the extruder keeps collect all filements that put on bed. I increase the temp. on bed like 70° to 80° but is doesn't change a thing, its just like the x axis doesnt lift when its has to lift and extruder collect all filements on itself.
For a 3d print beginner it's too much trouble to deal with.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 am

;)

Try to reduce the gap between the nozzle and the heat bed a little bit further.
Only not too much.
You can also increase the temperature of the hot end, e.g. by 5 degrees
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

diler35

Post by diler35 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 am

Is there a reset to default settings? i've reinstalled marlin 1.1.8 for 3d touch and maybe it changed some values or something? maybe it can be a solution for extruder?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm

;)
Search in the options in the operator panel.
There is such an option in my printer. But it's different software.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

diler35

Post by diler35 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 am

I've found Initialize EEPROM and i've validated, make bip sound once thats all. I'll give a try to print again sd card dog gcode for the test. I've contacted geeetech support service and im waiting for a answer for all this problems.

Spydyr

Post by Spydyr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 pm

I am new to 3d printing. Like I am about a month and a half in. I have a Creality Ender 3 and an A10M. In post 8 you showed your filament melted funny. This problem is from your PTFE tube not being pushed all the way down in the block. I already ran into this one with my left extruder on the A10M. Check your slicer settings for first layer height. I have found that first layer works best at .3 mm with 120% flow. Also I have found that the bed for PLA wants to be between 65-75. ABS wants 105-110. Also tune the extruders. I do a 50 mm test. Mine were only pushing 47.4 mm this helped a lot. Also clean the build plate at 70c deg with 70%+ Isopropyl Alcohol. It makes a big difference. If your print has a lot of short moves. Start printing at 45mm/s instead of 60mm/s. Sometimes speed kills. The best all around temp that I have found for printing PLA is 200 (hatchbox excluded), PLA+ 210.

Also if you are have PLA getting stuck in the pores of the build plate. Heat it up to 110c. Let it sit for about 10 mins. Put Isopropyl Alcohol on Scotts Blue Shop towels and wipe the plate off. It will get hot so it is about timing. The PLA will start to roll up and wipe off.

I hope from my experiences this will help you.

diler35

Post by diler35 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 am

Thanks for your answer and trying to give a solution. For melting problem that you've seen on post 8 i tryed to change filament by automaticly , if i don't pust the filement by hand it just dont jerk easly and melt inside of extruder then starts jerking the filement but not as it should be.
I've tryed the solution with pronterface and asked 10cm extrude and i got only 2 and half cm.
Like i just got the machine this saturday and even not able to print 10mm of any examples that i found on the net for A10.I am totaly beginner on 3D printer so im just lost with this machine.Im not the guy who just seeking a free solution on the net, for something doesn't works and ask for a help without trying something before but normaly this 3d printer has to work correctly when you buy brand new right? maybe i should ask for a help for fine tuning but for 4 days im just looking for my first ordinary print.
So i've tryed another thing, as you can see on video filement in extruder can't get out.
https://youtu.be/IIGN2tRdzCA

Spydyr

Post by Spydyr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:35 am

Take you tube and push it all the way down in the head until it stops. From what I have found. If it is not seated all the way down you will get that jam and extruder click. If you feel that maybe you still have a jam. Remove the nozzle while HOT. Be careful. And see if you can clear it. Using "waste/calibration" pieces to push the jam out while extruder is hot. I have had to do this because I took my tube out of the hot end and didn't seat it all the way down.

diler35

Post by diler35 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:05 pm

I set the nozzle 210 degrees. When I push the filament by hand all way down I got the flow but not really fluid so I just take out the nozzle and cleaned it with the tool that comes in package but it was clean. Is there other part to clean in extruder?
If so is it normal that it got jammed without a single print succeed?

arifg

Post by arifg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:10 pm

In my case, the adhesion of the "Super plate" was not so "superb" as well, exactly as in your case. I use Aquanet hairspray on all my build plates, so I tried one with this machine too. It helped me a lot. Try to make a very thin layer of Aquanet on your build plate, let it dry and see if things have been improved. You can easily remove it later with a warm water if needed. No harm to build plate after removal.