Fan problem during operation.

AFewSkroosLoose

Fan problem during operation.

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:53 am

Hi I am absolutely new to 3d printing and just received my first printer, the Geeetech A10 running Marlin 1.0.04. I am running Slic3r 1.2.9.

My parts cooling fan will not some on at any point during the print, regardless of slicer settings. I did see in this forum that Michael K. has resolved this part cooling issue with new Marlin you wrote?

Is this the only solution for part fan not working? The fan does work in heat up PLA mode, so I know that the electrical portion is functional.

Can you give me simple clear instructions how to do your firmware update? I saw you mentioned the arduino portion also but I have no idea how to do the marlin/arduino update.

Also...I printed a calibration cube that I modeled myself and it printed great (even without part cooling), but at the very end of the print the z-axis drove nozzle into my pretty first print. I checked the gcode output from Slic3r and it had the end routine code present that should have lifted the z after print, not shoved it into part.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eli
Attachments
20180831_155604_Film3.jpg
20180831_155604_Film3.jpg (92.01 KiB) Viewed 11825 times

zonalimitatore

Re: Fan problem during operation.

Post by zonalimitatore » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:13 am

What fan not work? In preheat and in the first layers the coolin fan of printed piece not run

Maybe you have insert or eject sd card or usb cable during print?
Or..if you print via usb,have load the sistem or connect/disconnect some hardware?

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:34 am

Hi thanks for the response. The cooling fan that cools the material and points at nozzle with the printed duct attached will not run automatically during prints.

I know it should be off for first layers but it never comes on.

I know that it is not failed fan or connection because i can make it run by using pla preheat function on display...fan works. But it will not allow the slicer settings to run it at all.

I can only then assume it is a firmware issue, yes?

Thank you!

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 am

It appears the part cooling fan is tied to the cooling fan in the PSU...when the PSU fan kicks on, the part cooling fan kicks on. Doenst make much sense. Has anyone else discovered this phenomenon?

zonalimitatore

Post by zonalimitatore » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:31 pm

omg...i hope no!!!
I know that psu fan are automatically controlled by internal temp sense,but no editable.
Looking at the piece on bed,it's like a z axys drop down :shock:

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm

The z axis drop was due to end gcode command generated by Slic3r. It tells Z to drop to 5mm value. I used G91 relative value first and now it lifts 5mm after print no matter how high print is.

I still don't know how to fix my part cooling fan not working during printing.

zonalimitatore

Post by zonalimitatore » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:58 am

very strange.if you print with pla settings have to start.
Have you try to start it manually by repetier program?

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 am

I have tried turning fan on in all ways i can find both in Slic3r and using the dial on the LCD control under Temp>Fan settings...none make the cooling fan turn. So far, the only time fan will come on is:

1) when the temp sensor in PSU kicks on the PSU fan for a brief period

2) if i use the PLA preheat function on LCD knob...in this case, as soon as i start gcode program from SD card the fan turns off and does not come on again

As a second note, the preheat pla function causes bug in printing...if I use the preheat function, then i select gcode file from card, when desired temps are reached the z axis shoots about 100 mm up and x axis takes off and i have to cancel print every time. I have to use 'return to failsafe'(default settings) with knob and LCD to erase the preheat function. The preheat pla function will not allow files to execute it seems, so i do not use it anymore.

But I really need the parts cooler to work - i am getting good prints withoutt it but some stringing - they could quickly become great prints with proper cooling. Out of the box, this should not be an issue.

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm

See attached picture. Yellow and purple parts cooling fan wires coming from board are in different pin locations (reversed) when they leave connector harness and go to fan itself. Is this reversal the cause of my fan not running automatically through slicer settings or using control knob? Please advise.
Attachments
20180902_091123_Film3.jpg
20180902_091123_Film3.jpg (256.97 KiB) Viewed 11760 times

zonalimitatore

Post by zonalimitatore » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:34 pm

In my printer the connections are the same,yellow purple with purple yellow,so the problem is not there.
What program use for create g code?