Wifi Box + A30 + iOS App

p_rhodan

Wifi Box + A30 + iOS App

Post by p_rhodan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 am

Hello,

I use the WiFi Box (new model, serial number starts with 181122) with an A30 with newest Firmware Version V1.37.58 and the EasyPrint3D (new) app for iOS on a iPhone X and iPad Pro.
There are several issue I have with it.

1. Read gcode files from SD Card or 3DWifi
I see in the app the Cards but I need to refresh the reading 2,3, 4 times (sometimes 2 time, sometimes 4 times) to get a list of files. But I get never the whole list. Only maybe 6 files of 20. Not always the same 6 files, it seem to be random.

2. Printer Control has a long delay.
It take up to 10 seconds between press a button like Y+ until the heat bed starts to move.
Please could you optimize this? Maybe not to work with a cloud, based in US. Or maybe with the option to direct access to the 3DWifi with a DynDNS IP address and port opening on Internet router.

3. Its useless tu use the Gallery on the iPhone app
With the new App version the access to the Gallery is possible (thank you for that). But it’s useless due to there is no search option. How should I find anything in the Gallery’s database with more than 50000 models without a search function?

4. App crash if you try to swipe fast through the Gallery
If you try to swipe (scroll) trough an Gallery’s category than the app crash and disappear on the iPhone and iPad. You need to open it again

5. Annoying wait time (6 sec) before you get into the app
There is a useless splash screen if you open the app and have to wait 6 sec before you get in. Please remove this or make it configurable to choice if I would have a splash screen or not

6. If I login on iPhone and afterwards on the iPad, next time the iPhone ask again for password
If I use only one device, the app remembers the login password. But if I use the app on the second device, and start it again on the first device, than the app request login name and password.
Please add support for multiple logins on different device at same time.

I hope you can change some of this behaviors and fix the issues in the next updates. Because I like the possibility to control the printer with my iPhone / iPad.

I would als be interested to be a Beta user, maybe you can provide beta version with Apples TestFlight app.

Thank you!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Wifi Box + A30 + iOS App

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

In my opinion, your comments are helpful. :D

Some delays and the resulting waiting time may be due to the network load and the quality of your WiFi link connection.
Can you do more tests in this area :?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

p_rhodan

Post by p_rhodan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 am

Any other suggestions or answers for my questions?

Thanks

p_rhodan

Post by p_rhodan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:54 am

Is here someone reading from Geeetech which is responsible for the iOS app or can forward my request to the app developer team?
The gallery is not useable on iOS due to the missing search function.
Please add this in the next update.

I would be happy to get a feedback that someone take care about it and I do not ‚talk with the wall‘. :D