suggestions for the path of development of the 3D WiFi module

_kaktus_
Site Admin

suggestions for the path of development of the 3D WiFi module

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu May 31, 2018 12:30 pm

My comments on the development of the 3D WiFi module.

1. Improve the policy of accepted passwords for wireless network by the module.
Allows long passwords (at least 20-30 characters) and special characters. :!:

2. Because the firmware of the module has been designed to seed the HTTP server, I suggest that you configure the module's network environment there. :mrgreen:
The new module could operate in AP mode.
In such a case, the configuration of the home network could be easily adjusted by connecting to this AP.
There would be no need to switch the operating mode and no additional software. Everything would be available simple from a browser.
3. I personally purchased the module to work as a bridge between the printer and the computer with the printing software.
This eliminates the need for additional cables and connections.
This will increase the security of your printers and protect them from malfunctions. I've read a lot about them on the forum.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to run such a functionality. After the necessary configuration of the program has been completed, the module categorically rejects the connection.
Perhaps I don't know about something or I need staff support to run this feature.
konfig.png
network connection configuration
konfig.png (17.67 KiB) Viewed 7025 times
blad_komunikacji.png
a connection rejected by the module
blad_komunikacji.png (9.66 KiB) Viewed 7025 times
4. The electronics of the module become excessively hot in a closed housing. I would design ventilation slots on the sides of the casing.

I allowed myself to have a look inside a small white box. :mrgreen:
What I saw was a great pleasure for me. A high-class module with ESP system was used for the construction. This is reflected in the high quality of Rainsun's built-in SMT antenna.

I encourage other users to present their opinions and proposals. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Darkmatter1982

Re: suggestions for the path of development of the 3D WiFi module

Post by Darkmatter1982 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am

Hello _kaktus_ ,
I fully agree with you about your suggestion ,i'll reply following your points!

1) I had the same problem with the wifi password lenght ( my wifi password is 35 char long ).
This issue is a high potential wifi exploit because a password that's shorter than 20 char and can be only alphanumeric (uppercase and lower case) can be cracked with a bruteforce attack. THIS ISSUES SHOULD BE SOLVED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

2) Yes, web interface is a very good idea also for troubleshoot, see hw and sw version installed on the module, printer's and 3Dwifi module errors and easy user remote management by LAN / INTERNET.
Probably, if Geetech will update the 3D wifi module with these features ,they will increase the sells.

3) I also bought the module expecting to work as a bridge between the printer and the computer to avoid long usb cables.
I was angry when i realize that wasn't possible so ....i found a different solution (usb bridge with openwrt wifi router or raspberry pi board).

4) Yes, the module is quite hot, also in stby, and some holes could be nice but not resolutive because ,ESP module ,always keep alive the wifi
connections and this draw a lot of current.
A larger case with many holes will be helpfull.

In conclusion, this module has a high potential, but still need a strong development.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: suggestions for the path of development of the 3D WiFi module

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:11 pm

:mrgreen:

Thank you for your interest.
I solved the problem of overheating of electronic chips myself. Their temperature fell about 10℃. This is a major success.

At present, the functionality of the module is significantly modified and developed by the leading engineer.
This is a good sign.
However, gentlemen from the Geeetech crew did not come up with an idea to implant just this functionality, which is a pity.
Well, unless something changed about it that I might not know about at the moment.

Also like you, I was looking for a good project that could be applied at a low cost. Something I found there looks pretty good ... It is as small as the ESP module itself and does not require any additional layouts. :D Functionality is awesome. :mrgreen:
I have to finish my tests. :lol:

At the moment I am upgrading the old version of 3DWiFi module to a new one, but there are some complications. :roll: So I'm in touch with the lead engineer.

As a result, the test of my project has been postponed a little. :(

Since the currently developed functionality of the module has already taken a lot of work, it is difficult to abandon it. And I doubt the Geeetech crew would give it up.

That is why I invented two modes of operation of the module, which can be selected by the user. :!:
Let's say that switching to the second mode could occur when you hold down the button and turn on the power...
A simple - truth?
Then a message blinks to indicate which mode is currently selected.

Result achieved.

In this way, the project is constantly being developed, acquires new functionality and does not deprive the users who liked it of the possibility to work in the current mode.

It attracts a huge new group of supporters.

Finally, I can add one more piece of information.
At the moment, I am very pleased with the mechanism that has been developed to update the firmware in the new generation module.
In short, it is user-friendly and easy to use.

Great appreciation and thanks for your work for Mr. Tingjian. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.