Trying to come up with a reason not to return this disaster

sonoyuu

Trying to come up with a reason not to return this disaster

Post by sonoyuu » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Hello All,

I have 3 other 3D printers, so I am not new to this.

I have received an absolute piece of garbage. One of the 2 Z stepper motors is slower than the other. It can't use a negative Z-offset, it can't even print a calibration cube properly WITH a 3DTouch auto bed leveling sensor. After the Z stepper motors, it's biggest issue is it can't get low enough with the 3DTouch, and believe me I have tried everything from raising the bed to raising the 3DTouch itself. For $50 CDN more, I have had WAY better results from another printer, starting with that out of the box it could print a decent file that looked good.

After 3 days of trying to calibrate this thing, I am looking for an SOS before I just return it.

Thoughts?

Sono Yuu

William
Site Admin

Re: Trying to come up with a reason not to return this disaster

Post by William » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi, if 3Dtouch cannot fall to the lowest level, it is recommended to remove the Z-axis limit switch.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

sonoyuu

Re: Trying to come up with a reason not to return this disaster

Post by sonoyuu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:12 am

1) you REMOVE the z-axis limit switch WHEN you install the 3D Touch
2) Even after physically raising the bed 4 mm with risers on the bearings the 3D Touch finds "z=0" regardless of where the bed is even if you put sheets of glass on it.
3) The ISSUE is that you can not lower the z axis below 0 for the offset. You can't even do it with M851 with a lower Z offset BECAUSE THIS PRINTER WILL NOT ALLOW A NEGATIVE Z OFFSET.

I know how to calibrate 3D printers, I own a few of them.

This printer both has an out of sync z-axis due to one stepper motor being slower than the other AND you can't adjust the z offset below 0, which it decides Zero as where the 3D touch says it's zero.

So my options right now are:
A) Return to Amazon, because I can
B) tuner the stepper driver voltage for the out of sync z-stepper, and remove the 3D touch as it actually level better BEFORE it was installed.

I am looking for suggestions, but at least think about the answers first. The Z-Axis limit switch serves no purpose once the 3D Touch is installed, and the Z-Axis could not go much lower anyway with the stock bed. Please note point 2 above. IT doesn't mater where the 3D touch comes into contact with the build plate. When it does, it determines that as Z=0. It has nothing to do with the Z-Axis limit switch which is not even plugged into the board after a 3D touch is installed.