X axis has no response

icestabinface

X axis has no response

Post by icestabinface » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:03 am

I have a Geeetech I3 Pro W with the gt 2560 A+ board and when I recently put together my printer I noticed that my x-axis stepper motor has no response or power going to it. I attempted to flash the newest version of the firmware to the board using the tutorial included with no results. Pretty desperate now as I emailed Geeetech with no response for about 4 or so days. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

William
Site Admin

Re: X axis has no response

Post by William » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:14 am

:D Hi, You can check if the driver board on your motherboard is inserted
position,
x Whether the motor is inserted into the driver board.
A+接线板.jpg
A+接线板.jpg (598.18 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
When replacing, you need to pay attention to turning off the printer for replacement.
Note the color correspondence.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

quinbot

Re: X axis has no response

Post by quinbot » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 am

Posting this because I had the same issue as icestabinface and it appears to be a common one. The solution for me was that the control board comes with four stepper controllers already installed (not five as in the photo William posted) in positions 2-5 but the stepper controller position 5 should be in position 1. That's for the X axis motor controller. Position 5 is for the optional second extruder motor controller. If you look at the photo provided in the build guide, it shows the correct set up when it tells you that you can skip to step 3.