Knob scrolling not working!

TIMBLOCKER

Knob scrolling not working!

Post by TIMBLOCKER » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 am

Hello Everyone!
After weeks of Troubleshooting, reassembly and Firmware updates I now hope that you can help me. I bought the Printer (Prusa Pro W KIT) and assembled everything correctly. After turning on I could push the knob but Scrolling was not working. I talked to the Sales Team and they send me a replacement part, but this didnt work either. I think there is a Problem with the board, but I dont know what I can do now. I hope in this Forum are some smart guy or even some Geeetech IT-Experts to help me with my Problem. :?:

William
Site Admin

Re: Knob scrolling not working!

Post by William » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am

Hi, are you referring to moving your knob but it doesn't work?
You can try to connect the printer to the Repetier Host of the computer via usb to confirm if there is any problem with the motherboard.
If the motherboard is normal,
You can check if the solder joints on your screen are stained.
If you can't move, you need to replace the screen....
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

TIMBLOCKER

Post by TIMBLOCKER » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Hello William,
thanks for the quick response. I tried to connect to Repetier Host and in first instance everything went normal. I could control the printer.
After that, I had to face the problem that I couldn't send any print files to the printer via USB, because the board didn't respond to the print job and there were only some strange letters (i. e. "%j") in the lower line of the display. I think it would be helpful to replace the board now, because I dont have any other possible error sources. I dont know much about this board but is it possible that the given facts match to a broken board? And what board should I buy to replace in a Prusa I3 Pro W Kit?

PS: The Problem with the knob was that I could enter the menu, but while rotating the knob no arrow showed up to navigate through the menu. After the research today I think this is maybe the board.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 am

:D Hi, you can provide specific action videos or pictures.
How to display when you slice the file and prepare it for printing,
If you need to replace the motherboard, you need to replace the motherboard with your model.

Whether you have the wiring fully connected to the motherboard,
you can provide specific video so that we can solve the problem better.

TIMBLOCKER

Post by TIMBLOCKER » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello William,
after some reproduction of the errors I made some pictures and videos. The videos are separate in my Creative Cloud because I couldn't figure out the correct codec for the video (Invalid File Extension Error :roll: ). I will refer to them later (so no virus :mrgreen: ). You can download the video, if you want to, after your next response I will delete the link...

First of all the "graphics bug" when you can call it like that. It happens when I start a print via Geeetechs EasyPrint3D Application and the printer does not do anything. The only feedback I got is within the bottom line of the display like that:
20191108_113800-2.jpg
20191108_113800-2.jpg (467.48 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
After that I tried to print with Repetier Host. The Bed started heating but the Extruder didn't do anything.
20191108_114820-2.jpg
20191108_114820-2.jpg (352.22 KiB) Viewed 5110 times
The next thing was to try to scroll through the menu. Didnt work as expected. :|

https://adobe.ly/2NVfW5s

After all these research I checked the cable management. I hope the video is useful even if I had to film and show with one hand.

https://adobe.ly/2CooLzz

I hope you can get me some advice to this thing. Even if it's to buy a new board...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:18 am

:D Hi, If you are referring to the hot end, not heating,
you can try to check if your hot end wiring is fully connected to the motherboard.
The thermistor at the hot end is then measured.