Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy with GT2560 board settings and firmware

skullofcob

Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy with GT2560 board settings and firmware

Post by skullofcob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi,

I must change my board sanguinololu by a new gt2560 REV A+ on my Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy and i have some problems.I have downloaded Prusa I3A 2560.zip,is this firmware for my Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy ? or another ? after installing this firmware, my z axe is only up and not down but all the 2 motors are ok, my y is on the bad sens and x yet. Y and X have a noise but move slowly.

Can you said to me wich exact firmware (name of this) i must install on my Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy please. And what kind of settings i must change to have all my axes in the good direction. I was very happy with my Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy and i hope to find a solution to install my GT2560 rev A+ on it soon ;)). Thank you very much to all for your help. Here is description that what i have :

About wiring i have check 5 differents picture and i think that my wiring is ok, i have connect endstop to X min Y min and Z Max, and i have check my stepper A4988 installation they are install on board in a good sens.

Board: GT2560 Rev a+
Stepper : A4988 install on board
Printer: Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy with T8 threaded rod

Thank you very much to all for your help

Best regards ;) Oliver ;)

onki

Re: Geeetech prusa i3 Aluminum diy with GT2560 board settings and firmware

Post by onki » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:54 am

Hi Oliver,

I don't know if you have already found a solution but I have done almost the same.
I have upgraded to a GT 2560 Board but I added TMC 2208 drivers for XYZ as well as a BLTouch Sensor and a 12864 graphic display.

I was able to adapt the configuration file of Marlin 1.1.9

Please check the motor type and direction in that section and reverse the axis if needed:

Code: Select all

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2208_STANDALONE
//#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2208_STANDALONE
//#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE  TMC2208_STANDALONE
//#define X2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Y2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Z2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define E1_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define E2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define E3_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define E4_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
When using A4988 all can be commented out

Direction can be modified here:

Code: Select all

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR false
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true
To reverse just change true to false or vice versa.

I am just using a single extruder and want to use the free thermistor input on the GT 2560 A+ for a enclosure temp sensor. But I do get errors when I try to activate the 2nd sensor with only one extruder.

Anyone an idea on how to get the 2nd sensor for enclosure temp without using a 2nd extruder?

Best regards
Onki