Problems with nozzle height.

Share your configuration profile, please specify your printer model and the slicer software.
FrackingHere

Problems with nozzle height.

Post by FrackingHere » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:01 am

Geeetech 3D Printer Wooden Prusa I3 pro W DIY Kit
Having problems with nozzle height. I have updated the firmware to the newest Marlin and have used and replaced the Arduino\libraries\Marlin\example_configurations\Geeetech\Prusa i3 Pro W both configuration and configuration_adv files.
Did the whole hieght and leveling. Auto home and adjusted the Z screw height. Did the Disable stepper and did the whole adjust bed height routine several times.
Now when I start a print the nozzle raises over 8mm and tries to print from there. I have tried to adjust the Z screw but now the heater nozzle touches the bed at home position and same issue adjusting bed height...
Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

William
Site Admin

Re: Problems with nozzle height.

Post by William » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 am

Hi, you can try to re-level the hotbed.
Have you used the test file in the sd card to print?
Can you use the auto home function normally?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

FrackingHere

Post by FrackingHere » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 am

Can't print when nozzle isn't close enough to bed. Found an article in Reprap. Marlin Defaults for i3proW print Z axis was set at 2650. Changed it to 400 for a 8*300mm Z screw. Still doing a stepper check and bed leveling again. And ya I know I am using the Marlin instead the Geeetech firmware but Geeetechs firmware never worked for me out of the box and they never got back to me as to why it was completely wonky for me. Waited two weeks not a peep. So I went ahead and attempted to upgrade from 1.04 to 1.05 Geeetech same issue had the nozzle run away to the back right corner and stop dead. Out of frustration I Installed Arduino and flashed the newest Marlin and changed the config files like I had said from the Marlin/example configurations/Geeetech/i3proW and flashed. Now it goes like its printing but not close enough to bed to actually print.
Just wondering if anyone has a setup configuration.h and configuration_adv file for the Geeeetech Wooden Prusa I3 ProW stock. No 3DTouch yet. till I can print bracket.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Tighten and align all joints and see here:

http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 07#p103207
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 am

Hi, You can select the sd card to print from the LCD screen and select the .gcode file to print.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!