I think extruder issue (New to 3D printing)

Emiks

I think extruder issue (New to 3D printing)

Post by Emiks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 pm

hello everyone I'm new here, and completely new to 3D printing. Recently I've got Geeetech I3 pro B acrylic from a friend. After long time spent on assembly (i was busy working on other projects hah) finally came time for first print. During that I've found out there were problems with stoppers on Y axis which was easy to fix using arduino, and some digging through google and forum. Another problem was Z axis not being able to move correctly at the bottom of rods which was also easily fixed with changing current on control board (0.8V to 1.05V), and adding a little of lube on rods. Axis-es works like a charm. At this point I've tried to level bed (which was also tricky as I've never did it. Some Youtube tutorials and digging through forum solved that problem too, and that was the moment when first print came in. It was mess. After 2-3 attempts I've noticed that I'm barely using any filament and extruder makes weird clicking noise. I've started again with same approach as before for diagnosing problem and looking for solution (Google, Youtube and digging through forum) unfortunately I was unable to find solution so I've decided to create an account and ask personally.
What is happening:
-Printer seems to be printing, all axis-es are moving
-Extruder seems to struggle with pushing filament and makes clicking noise
-Because of extruding problems (I think?) there are blobs of melted filament on bed. Calibration cube (I cant remember where I've downloaded model) Looks like mutated octopus
What solutions I've tried
-I've disassembled extruder and tightened screws on gear inside
-I've heated extruder and tried to push rest of filament using long metal pin that was provided with KIT.
-I've tried to push filament through nozzle heated manually. Nozzle seems to be fine. Filament moves quite easily like that
-I've increased tension on spring in loading mechanism using leftover washers. Nothing really changed.
-Out of curiosity I've checked is filament reaches end of nozzle when loaded to motor. Looks like it is.
-Moving filament out using manual controll in repetier-host software seems to work without issue
-Moving filament in using manual controll in repetier-host software makes clicking sound again and doesn't push filament through nozzle
-I've increased voltage on all controllers because I was unable to figure out which one belongs to extruder motor (all motors works now on 1.1V-1.19V)

I hope I've provided as much details as I can. I hope someone will be able to help me as I can't wait until I'll make it work and finally be able to create all my ideas. I'f needed I'm capable of providing Videos of issues.

Best Regards to All and Thanks

William
Site Admin

Re: I think extruder issue (New to 3D printing)

Post by William » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi,you can check if the extruder motor can run normally,
If not, exchange with the motor wire on the x-axis motor end.
Determine if it is a motor line problem.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Emiks

Post by Emiks » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi. I've just tried swapping lines with X axis motor. Extruder motor seems to behave in exactly same way. Pushes filament out easily but makes noise when trying to push it into the nozzle. Without filament I can hear that motor is moving fine back and forward. Line seems to be fine. Any other ideas? ;p

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:21 am

Hi, Can you provide specific videos?
You can see if the hot end is blocked,
Will the consumables be discharged when the hot end temperature is heated to 200?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!