Endstops not registered

johnken

Endstops not registered

Post by johnken » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:29 am

we just bought my first 3d printer and i'm having trouble with the z and y endstops. I wonder if anyone can explain how this problem can be fixed.

I've uploaded Merlin 1.1.4 onto the board as I felt I needed to be able to edit the firmware, I was initially having problems manually moving the y-axis backwards. The z endstop was working at this point (not sure about y endstop) but after I set Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING to true which enabled the bed to be moved backwards for the first time, I noticed the z endstop stopped working. At this point I also discovered the y axis endstop was not working too. The x axis endstop has continued to work as it should.

After playing about with the endstop inversion settings in the firmware it seems the problem i'm facing is that I can't get the all 3 axis to move properly AND get the endstops to work at the same time.

William
Site Admin

Re: Endstops not registered

Post by William » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:17 am

Hi,You can check if your wiring on the motherboard is correct. Regarding whether the limit switch is responsive, you can connect the printer to the computer and use the manual control input M119 of the Repetier Host to check the situation. Should be normal.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

RandyBonnette

Re: Endstops not registered

Post by RandyBonnette » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:58 pm

I've an Ender 5 and three Duet 2 Maestros.
What should I do to create the software endstop? Can I use g code to adjust Marlin's software endstops?

assignment writing help for design students at Open University